I went down in the first Round!

by John Aquila 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    but that contradicts all their boasting about "speeding up the work, expansion, the celestial chariot moving at speed, preaching in over 200 plus lands etc" if they were to dwindle away to a small minor group none of this could ever be accomplished and they would just be forgotten about or never given a second though by the 7.3 billion of the earth's inhabitants, what about this great "cleaning of the earth at the GT?" surely this could never be very well achieved by a mere few hundred k?
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    jookbeard
    but that contradicts all their boasting about "speeding up the work, expansion, the celestial chariot moving at speed, preaching in over 200 plus lands etc"

Curses, I forgot about that point

• TD
    TD

I thought the JW's no longer accepted the idea of prophetic types unless the idea of a larger fulfillment was explicitly stated in the Bible itself?

If that is true, using Rutherford era comparisons between ancient Israel and JW's as a trump card is no longer valid.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

He came out with it so quickly, makes me wonder if this is what the society is actually planning for?

Now that they have deeds to the all of the kingdom halls in the entire world and can liquidate them when they want to, why should they care if they no longer have a large base for contributions?

I am sure they would rather have a core of radical believers 1 million strong then 8 million who are on the fence!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Pistoff

He came out with it so quickly, makes me wonder if this is what the society is actually planning for?

Well now that you mentioned it. That would be a smart way to explain a huge exodus if that was to happen. And the Jdubs would eat it like cake.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I was wondering why I couldn't find one of the photos the other day when I posted on another thread last week. Saw the pic on JWdotORG and when I went to grab it to include in my post, the whole gallery was gone.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I thought it was crazy that the receiving docks needs granite faced retaining walls. It's a receiving docks for goodness sake. Why not build a concrete wall like every other receiving dock in the world? Nothing but the best for Warwick!

April 27, 2015—Offices/Services Building

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I mean no offense by this but you kind of set yourself up. Asking a question about JW's abandoning their faith probably gave 80% of them a hard on to jump at the chance to prove their "faith". Concentration camps probably popped into their heads.

It is interesting though, they have a scripture for their growth and they already have scriptures to use when the numbers start to fall and the downsizing starts. Great thing about the bible, you can use it to justify anything. Want to murder 100 people? There are examples of it in the bible for the name of God.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

The picture doesn't look like any construction workers I've ever seen! Clean and new gloves, no marks on the hard hats, clean clothes, ect....

Looks more like an advertisement in a magazine.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

JW's abandoning their faith probably gave 80% of them a hard on to jump at the chance to prove their "faith"

How do you jump with a hard on? (With lots of faith)

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    How do you jump with a hard on? (With lots of faith)

You don't, you go to the elders first for forgiveness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit