Make the Truth Your Own

by neat blue dog 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Since The Truth means Jehovah's Witnesses/the organization, it basically means make JWs an inseparable part of your identity so that you always remain loyal to the org and support it's interests. And like you said give everything.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes, there are a few phrases and beliefs of JWs that are just not in the Bible but witnesses will swear blind are.

I have seen several "street anti-witnessing" videos now where the JW was trying to find scriptures that claimed these myths. In one the very rude arrogant young witness woman was trying to find "the" scripture that "ponts to the year 1914" lol. Another one where the flummoxed witnesses were trying to find the scripture that they claimed said only that only the 144000 ate the bread and drunk the wine at the last supper and others were invited to watch! Again a scripture that doesn't exist! Try finding the one that supports Jesus choosing the Bible students in 1919 - coz you can't!

There are many more examples of this. Not a good look for a theocratic education.

More like IDIOCRACY than Theocracy or maybe they're the same thing?

• Open mind
    Open mind

During my 2.5 years of purgatory, serving as an elder & awakened to TTATT but waiting for my wife to awaken, I used to play a few little games at the meetings to keep my sanity.

One was changing song lyrics and singing them just loud enough for my wife to hear. Since I had started to rely more heavily on the spirit (mainly gin) to make martinis I would sing to my wife:

"Make VERMOUTH your own..."

Bada Boom. (I'll be here all week!)

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    and others were invited to watch

That's just nasty 😋

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    changing song lyrics and singing them

I have done and still do this 😅

Not loud enough for people to hear as a joke, but just to keep my sanity and self respect as a PIMO, especially when it comes to lyrics I flat out disagree with or find offensive.

• Alive!
    Alive!

One very important ‘truth’ in scripture is that Christ, and Christ alone secured victory over sin and victory over spiritual death for mankind....biblically, ‘He is our Saviour for all mankind, and especially for believers’ - well of course especially believers because they get to have a living Hope in this life....or a delusion if that is your perception of it all.

A marked variance of this core truth which a Witness may meditate upon given the Memorial ‘season’ is the Watchtower teaching that our own physical death releases us from our sins.

I’m not writing this to preach to the unimpressed 🙂.....just highlighting a blatantly sarcreligious distortion of a basic truth that is bound up in the biblical Christ.

Scripturally, Christ died for us. It’s a basic in the whole Christian faith.

We don’t get to absolve ourselves from our broken ‘missing the mark’ state by our own physical death.

Sorry, but that one Watchtower teaching alone is enough to make a ‘truth-seeker’ dig deeper and question.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

New Truth ,Old Truth , Present Truth ,Past Truth ,Real Truth , THE Truth .

My mind boggles as to how many " Truths" Jehovah`s Witnesses can believe in and then discard those same "Truths" when it suits them .?

Or rather when history makes it obvious their "Truth" was no such thing in the first place .

• charonsdog
    charonsdog

13 hours ago13 hours ago

it's telling how a phrase can be repeated so often they start believing it's straight from the Bible.

Also, how many of us were led to believe that Karen Keeping was a dear sister in need....?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    A marked variance of this core truth which a Witness may meditate upon given the Memorial ‘season’ is the Watchtower teaching that our own physical death releases us from our sins.

This falsehood is reflected in the NWT's mis-translation of Rom 6:7. We had a thread here a while back discussing this. I think Searcher started that thread, if I'm not mistaken.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Yes Bobcat, JW dogma categorically teaches that a person's own death wipes out all the evil they've ever done. Adolf, you've got nothing to worry about!

(Acts 4:12) ".....there is no salvation in anyone else, (especially not yourself!) for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit