• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Thanks for the study and the link.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Eden, good job. Thanks for doing this!
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Thx Eden, I will use this info for future endeavors!

cha ching!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Thanks Eden, good job,keep up the good work!!
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Some changes made to the Google Docs file (Thanks for the coaching, Oub!)

Front page and table of contents page added, plus some other minor content items.

Eden

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    EdenOne. I have copied this information for later and it is all there for anyone to see to read. Thank you for this.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Ok, I've done the final tweaks to improve readability. You can now convert it to pdf and the formatting will be correct on different browsers - I hope ;) Many thanks to Oubliette for the great coaching!

I've also added some more content and reworked some of the phrasing to improve clarity.

There comes a time where one has to say it's finished.

Shunning - Unchristian Psychological Torture

It's now completed and available freely through Google Docs. I wish I could have added a couple of real life stories. Maybe next time. I hope you find it useful. As usual, it's up for debate if you will.

Eden

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Eden,

Great job! You obviously put a lot of thought and hard work into this project.

Glad I could be of some help.

Oubliette

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm considering adding one section to my essay on the subject of shunning. I think it would add considerable weight to it if I would include two or three real life stories of people who suffered shunning. I would also like to add at least one story of someone who was forced to shun another person to illustrate the consequences that shunning has on both ends of it. Also, if someone was disfellowshipped because he/she refused to shun a disfellowshipped person, I would also like to know about it.

If you have a poignant personal story, that involves broken family relations (parents shunning children or vice-versa, siblings shunning each other, friendships broken, divorces, job loss in retaliation for disfellowshipping etc) and where the consequences have resulted in psychological trauma, destructive behavior, suicide ... I will be interested to hear about it. Of particular interest is a story of shunning after someone denouncing a case of child abuse, fraud, etc in the Organization. Naturally real names won't be disclosed. But keep in mind, it should be a poignant story that illustrate the dramatic effects of shunning. (For example, I have been experiencing shunning, but I don't find my story particularly poignant)

Please contact me, either via IM or to my email [email protected]

Thank you

Eden

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    Great article, Eden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit