On the current migrant crisis

by LoveUniHateExams 43 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

And still they come. Thousands of migrants have come to England this year, already beating last year's total.

Some may have fled Syria and other war-torn countries; others are economic migrants.

Let me try to get my head around this phenomenon: migrants are relatively safe in France and other countries. They then leave the relative safety of continental Europe and risk their lives and that of their children by crossing the English Channel in rubber dinghies.

There's just no fixing stupid, is there

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

They come to the countries with the best benefits, it's also worth noting that it is a great thing to migrate for the purpose of spreading islam, they even have a special word for it - Hijrah - sort of pioneering where the need is great for muslims.

It's not stupid LUHE, it's about taking your country, The demographic trajectory is very worrying, at 20% muslim you will have lost and be facing genocide.

Sorry.

RB

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I heard this earlier today " You do not put your children in a dinghy if they are safer on the land".

Migrant "Crisis", in what way is this a "Crisis" ? This has been blown up by the MSM and Patel and others to deflect attention from other matters.

A few thousand people seeking Asylum here is not a crisis.

Bandicoot above is just repeating the crap of Enoch Powell's " Rivers of Blood" speech.

Racist Right Wing rhetoric is better off being on nasty Right Wing Sites than on here. Or is this now a Right Wing Trump loving place that the likes of Nigel Farage would feel at home being a part of ?

• Phizzy
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i dont think these would be immigrants have spent all theyve got--and risk drowning--to come to Britain to go on the dole.

Also--we are critically short of workers at the bottom of the pay scale.

• zachias
    zachias

Take a look at what has happened to Sweden.

• Biblestudent1
    Biblestudent1

The same newspaper articles and anger existed in the 1960’s and 70’s about Indians moving the UK from Uganda

I doubt the Patel family were warmly welcomed and now their hard-line daughter will pull up the ladder forgetting her own background

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Can you explain what this crisis is that you refer to? As Phizzy alluded to, during a worldwide pandemic inequality has widened, and jobs, housing, and even healthcare have become more insecure. Not to mention the extreme weather due to climate change. Are these not the most pressing crises we face?

If I was given the choice I’d far rather live in Germany than the UK. Best of all I’d like to live in Norway, if they would have me. I’d like to live in Austria or Switzerland too, but similar to some parts of the UK, they are not particularly friendly to foreigners.

• Simon
    Simon

Billionaires tend not to go round shooting, raping, beheading and planting bombs.

Uncontrolled immigration of dangerous populations IS a massive risk to everyone's way of life and well-being.

It has to be controlled and it's not racist to say so.

• Biblestudent1
    Biblestudent1

Come to the UK 🇬🇧 and you are called a migrant

Are you a Brit looking to retire to Spain and use the Spanish health service for your elderly needs? Call yourself an expat, definitely not a migrant. Don’t forget to demand egg n’chips and watery larger in the local bar. And be like Gareth Bale and somehow not learn Spanish in 6 years. Complain about immigrants in the UK who cannot speak English

You are also entitled to moan about Polish shops in the UK while you shop in British shops in Spain

Some people are having a laugh with avoiding a migrant label. It’s not a dirty word. The only expats are those who are placed there by a company. If your employer didn’t send you then you are a migrant and no shame in that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit