Are The Governing Body Anointed?

by freemindfade 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

For any lurkers, I just want to put a thought out there for you. Like me maybe during your life as a JW the "thing" that causes someone to know if they are anointed was always a bit of mystery, except to those who claimed they knew. How did they know? I had heard it explained to me many ways, and like many things I just said "ok, well thats an answer... I guess".

I often wondered, what kind of miraculous personal sign did they get? Was it a dream? Was it consistent dreams? Or vision? Something that was just their in their mind one day, like a download of info? Well the Governing Body is now very visible and active in front of everyone, and it seems with their increasing visibility has happened simultaneously with regular changes to doctrine, ie types, and anti types, generations, etc.

What is my point? Well as a younger man I used to believe that whatever miraculous "channel" behind the scenes that let them know they were anointed, also gave them their special knowledge of bible mysteries and doctrine. Well now the doctrine is spinning like a top, changing once a year, actually becoming more aligned with the religious ideas they condemned for more than a century.

So how can they be so sure they are chosen to be Jesus' brothers, when they can't even figure out what he meant when he spoke? No matter what you think of your religion, it boils down to "just because they say so".

Think about it

FMF

• Watchtower-Free
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Yes. Just ask them.
  • blondie
    blondie
    The members of the GB claim to be anointed (if they are it is only between them and what they think their god said to them). The pre-1971 GB known as the WTS board of directors were also expected to be anointed. That is why Hayden Covington who at the time was not anointed but put on the board, turned it down.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

A sister who claimed to be anointed was asked how it was that she came to know that she was anointed. She replied saying that a mother-to-be can feel the baby kicking inside, but others who are not pregnant would not have that feeling. Similar thing with the anointed!

(rolling eyes in disbelief)

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Its seeing them up close and personal on the TV and in talks which really confirmed my awakening.

Ray Franz in ISOCF said that the only reason they classed the whole 144000 as the f&d slave and not the small group in NYC doing the writing, was so as not to appear too arrogant. Now I guess they're not bothered about appearing too arrogant as they've happily put themselves on tall pedestals.

For any lurkers out there you have to listen to this talk by Antony Morris III when he talks about how the armageddon dead will be charred flesh like hotdogs roasting on a spit - so Christlike of him! that along with him choosing a zone visit meant to encourage an entire nation to talk about tight pants and spandex, were real eye openers - I am no longer under any illusion that these people are 'christ's brothers' or have any special knowledge.

http://mp3far.net/anthony-morris-the-time-left-is-reduced-how-will-you-use-it-mp3-download.html?search=anthony-morris-the-time-left-is-reduced-how-will-you-use-it-mp3-download.html

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

So, you are one of the anointed, one of the 144,000. How do you now know you have been upgraded (chosen) to become a member of the GB?

Let me use the example of the newest GB member, Sanderson.

Did Bro. Sanderson approach the GB and say, "Hey guys Jehovah just appointed me to become a GB Member!" I prayed and I know it in my heart...just as I did when I was anointed as a 144,000 member.

or

Did Jehovah notify the current GB that he has now chosen Bro. Sanderson as a new member. Let him in! Did they tell Sanderson? Did, Jah send them the message to vote him in?

Just how does it work?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Yep

My whole point is isn't the same voice that is telling them they are going to heaven telling them how to interpret doctrine?? If one is always wrong couldn't the other be equally as WRONG

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Most of the anointed I knew were single. 'cept this one arrogant elder who had a wife and family. I couldn't understand why they were all good with him being 1000 years away from them. Surely they would miss him even though the rest of us wouldn't? ! I would have said thanks but no thanks Jehoober, I choose paradise on earth with my family where I can continue to laud it over everyone. Now that's the other thing. I was told it was a 1000 yr secondment - that's right, that he would return to his fleshly human self after that coz with Satan gone there would be no need for all those joint heirs with Christ.
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Very good questions. This quote is from someone who is familiar with the Helpers on the Governing Body.

The current GB know they are faking it. They are faking their claim to be of the anointed. The previous members were not all fakers. Many honestly believed they were anointed and called by Christ as members of his body.

Such an honest belief brings with it an inner recognition of responsibility. But when it is faked no such responsibility exists. The current GB are simply enjoying the ride for the ride itself. Fakers to the core.

This is why they have spent the hard earned money of so many on a lakeside residence for themselves. They love themselves and believe that God will accept them because they have been selected to lead the Organization. They know lies were told in the past and it appears God did not object. So to them it seems reasonable that God will not object to whatever lies they may tell.

They bought into the idea that the Organization is everything and have given over their minds to it. They are thoroughly indoctrinated and unable to think beyond their own images and positions of power.

They are no longer able to reason. They are no longer able to think for themselves.

And why should "little kings" have to think? Do they not have advisers to think for them? Herd himself admitted that he spends much time, reading and reading what Writing has produced. The dumb cluck did not realize that what he was actually saying is that the GB is sterile and relies on Teaching and Writing to bring stuff in.

These guys would have fit better into the days when Knorr and Fred Franz were running things and the Board of Directors sat around waiting for them to make stuff happen. Today the GB is like those Board of Directors and the Helpers are the ones sitting in Knorr's and Franz' seats...writing, teaching, running things, making changes. The problem is most of them are incompetent.

The Watchtower leadership has received from God what they deserve: Confusion.

Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit