Are The Governing Body Anointed?

by freemindfade 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener
    By declaring themselves as anointed they have admitted that God has sent them a special message that was specifically to them. There is no reason why God would not also convey to them other bible truths in the same manner. Every time they change teachings proves that this is not happening. We only have their word for it that they are anointed and their word is inaccurate.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Listener you got my point exactly. Well said
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

The way I understand it is they get an overwhelming feeling to be with Christ in heaven as if they belong there. Kinda like wanting to go back home after an extended vacation. I've heard that members will also get the same feeling as they read bible passages speaking of the calling as if they are reading a very personal letter from an intimate friend.

This differs than the feeling when holy spirit is at work in someone. When the holy spirit is at work in someone it feels like an adrenaline rush where anything is possible. At least its felt like that for me.

Sorry, didn't even answer the original OP question :-)

The GB cannot possible have the heavenly calling with the way they have twisted scriptures and continue to promote false dates such as 1914 and the generation teaching, etc. Scripture is abundantly clear on this. Whoever speaks in God's name and it does not come to pass is a false prophet. I believe they are just holding onto power by force claiming something they are not. Power corrupts absolutely.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Annointed = Delusions of grandeur... and nothing more.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

freemindfade, I always wondered how the anointed knew they were anointed. A little over 30 years ago, an older brother professing to be anointed described it this way: "It's like you're riding around in the car and you just know you've got to go to the bathroom. You know it. You've got to find a place to stop. Well, similarly, the anointed just know they're anointed." That never made sense to me because there are physical signs indicating to one that he has to go to the bathroom.

How could they possibly know? How could they know they are not mistaken?

The only thing that could make sense to me would be for all Christians to be anointed. Then it wouldn't be a matter of some having some kind of miraculous, mysterious choosing that they can't explain.

What is my point? Well as a younger man I used to believe that whatever miraculous "channel" behind the scenes that let them know they were anointed, also gave them their special knowledge of bible mysteries and doctrine. Well now the doctrine is spinning like a top, changing once a year, actually becoming more aligned with the religious ideas they condemned for more than a century.

So how can they be so sure they are chosen to be Jesus' brothers, when they can't even figure out what he meant when he spoke?

Good point. If their god allows them to be wrong in important doctrine (such as the identity of their very group, the FDS), then why wouldn't he also allow them to be wrong in their belief that they've received some kind of special calling?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit