Looking back a year at Covid

by pistolpete 28 Replies latest social current

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

all these theories..

why would a government effectively shut down their country's economy if it wasnt in the best attempt to save many lives ?

( please--no more "great reset" crap)

• Incognito
  • Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Slimboyfat, I agree that the statement you highlighted was probably exaggerated. I don't recall anything official that declared that "hundreds of millions" of lives would be taken by COVID in early prediction models. But let's not get hasty and dismiss this out of hand before considering this:

Early models DID predict 2.2 million in the U.S. alone. They also thought Great Britain would lose half a million. Here is one example of such a report. You can easily google search to find this 2.2 million in the U.S. COVID death prediction all over the internet:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

https://www.cato.org/blog/how-one-model-simulated-22-million-us-deaths-covid-19

The thing is, some people took these figures and decided to extrapolate for a worldwide prediction: if the U.S. is 328 million and the world is 7.6 billion, then given the same ratio dying of COVID as the U.S. that would mean 50 million deaths due to COVID worldwide.

The thinking continued that this 50 million would be a MINIMUM, because most of the 7.6 billion would be in third world countries and would probably die at even higher rates than the U.S. 100 million deaths would not be out of the question.

I'm not saying I agree with any of that, it is just the thinking that people had based on actual prediction models.

Of course, we know now that third world country numbers are WAY better than first world countries. See the post I shared earlier about COVID deaths so far, by country. Why is that so? Well, see my previous rants on the completely illogical and dishonest way COVID deaths are counted in the first place. Some countries just do it way differently than others. Some can't (or don't) count accurately at all.

Consider China: an amazing COVID story of less than 6,000 COVID deaths total, with a population of 1.43 billion people or over one fifth of the entire world's population.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    Brock Talon

Slimboyfat, I agree that the statement you highlighted was probably exaggerated. I don't recall anything official that declared that "hundreds of millions" of lives would be taken by COVID

President Biden, Nancy Pelosi, 3 medical experts that seem to have "Disappeared" also said 200 million would die and have died in the USA, but all these videos have been pulled out.I was lucky to find this one. I won't last long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yUJW2pqYXQ

• Steel
    Steel

My brother in law is a doctor and the really strange part about 2020 is the almost complete absence of the cold or flu. So people are saying that covid is just a mutated Flu virus which is really stupid, its a corona virus which is from the common cold family. People generally don't die from just having a cold. The elderly often die from the flu though.

So what happened ? Handwashing, masks, social distance, limiting contacts....................all had a huge impact on the healthcare system. Most of all calling in sick at work. If you don't feel good, stay home.

Sorry but covid actually kills people. Its kills about 1.5% of people who catch it and puts about 5-6% of people catch it, into the healthcare system. Its a horrible thing.

It sad to see people trading one cult for another.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Brock those were predictions if governments did nothing at all to slow the spread of the virus. We did slow the virus. If we had not, then half million dead in the UK and 2.2 million in the US seems entirely feasible.

China proves the point. They did nothing to stop the spread in Wuhan for at least a couple of months, in fact they initially suppressed knowledge of the virus. The result? Tens of thousands infected in the city, thousands dead, the hospitals overrun.

Then China implemented hard restrictions in the rest of China. The result? Very few infections or deaths in the rest of China. If they hadn’t changed course, then Wuhan levels of infection would have replicated over the whole country would have been a disaster on a colossal scale.

Conclusion: intervention worked and saved untold thousands of lives. Had the measures not been taken then fatalities in the rest of China would have matched Wuhan.

• Brock Talon
    Brock Talon

Slimboyfat, sorry my friend, I don't buy China's numbers. I can't understand why anyone would. Let's just put aside the obvious fact that the regime lies as easy as they breathe on just about everything. Let's just use logic:

Wuhan China has a population of 11.8 million. Let's suppose every single one of the reported 5,000 COVID deaths in China came only from Wuhan.

Consider: New York city has a population of 8.4 million and has reported so far 49,000 COVID deaths.

Los Angeles county has a population of just shy of 10 million and has reported so far 57,000 COVID deaths.

There are probably no states in the U.S. that locked down more so than New York and California, yet they reported death rates11 times the rate of the entire number of Wuhan?

China was THAT good at locking the city down so it wouldn't spread to the rest of the country?

Then why do MOST experts agree that the virus came from Wuhan? (China denies this, but then again, it's China.) How were they able to lock down the rest of their own country so readily but at the same time allow their Wuhan population to spread the virus to the rest of the world? Forget about that: How did the rest of the world not get infected and then at some point some of those infected from other countries not come back to other cities in China and spread it that way? I never heard in the news that they locked out other countries from coming into other parts of China, at least, not in the first few months. It was Donald Trump who first stepped up and stopped travel into the U.S. from China, and he was excoriated by it from Biden, Fauci and other Lefty-minded (wrong side of history) people who said it was "racist" for doing so. Other countries only did that afterwards, eventually having some of them ban travel from the U.S. to their countries.

Every other country suffered COVID spread by international travel from other countries. You mean China completely stopped that from everywhere else 100%, no failures, not one person who could then spread it by returning to their their own huge Chinese city, like Beijing, Shanghai, Tainjin and others? These cities are some of the largest in the world and have huge international business travel, but China was able to lock it all down perfectly?

Sorry bud. I don't buy it.

• LV101
    LV101
    Per Dr. Fauci's famous paper masks caused the many thousands and thousands of deaths during the Spanish Flu. The masks caused bacterial phenomonia.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don’t need to buy the precise numbers in Wuhan or elsewhere. I don’t believe China on anything, especially not the origin of the virus.

https://youtu.be/YBq-LV3Jm1M

The point is that infection rates were much higher in Wuhan before restrictions were implemented, and much lower in the rest of China after restrictions were implemented. Early footage of overwhelmed hospitals and news reports of desperate Chinese medics in Wuhan (including the whistleblower who died) demonstrate that Wuhan had a worse experience than anywhere else in China.

Take another example, Norway with restrictions compared with Sweden with very few restrictions—as good an “experiment” as you could wish for to compare the effect of lockdown restrictions.

Norway has had 649 deaths, that’s 119 deaths per million of population, compared with 13, 262 deaths in Sweden, or 1307 deaths per million of population.

That means that Norway cut their death rate by over 90% compared with Sweden because of their stricter measures.

If that is any indication of what the worldwide death rate would have been if everywhere followed Sweden then we would have had over 10 million deaths by now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit