I just watched the final video from this years convention. OMG!!!

by NikL 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

I think it's meant to be metaphorical, in the same way that many of the illustrations are.
    However, dubbies, like Drax the Destroyer, do not "get" metaphors. So many of them will see this video and translate it into their fevered minds as God's Literal Truth.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What other Christian based faith acts in these fear mongering ways ?

The WTS has been doing this for generations ( no pun intended)

Fear mongering corruption aided by false prophetic doctrines are what built this organization from the ground up .

It continues on this fashion because its built into the structure of the organization or publishing house.

• TD
    TD

No matter how hard you try there’s just no sense to be found.

Yeah, I thought the JW's believed a "Great Tribulation" preceded this attack upon them. I thought they believed this tribulation would be pretty severe. (As in no flesh being saved if it lasted too long...)

Have they abandoned this idea or are they taking liberties with their own teachings?

• skin
    skin

Quoting Vidiot; "Personally, I suspect that the GB is "projecting"......deep down, they're scared the authorities are coming for them."...

They and the Elders do believe that they could be taken away by the authorities, One elder from our congregation recently gave a stirring talk from on stage about how we (as a congregation) would cope if the authorities walked in the KH door right now and arrested and took away all the elders.Think about it brothers, because it could happen, we were told.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Think about it brothers, because it could happen, we were told.

This truly and solidly proves we are the imitation of the first century Christian preachers as we are also targeted for persecution as they were. ............ Praise Jah

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Maybe the elders are projecting their own personal Armageddon. They may have fears of child sexual abuse victims coming after them for hiding pedophiles.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Yeah, I thought the JW's believed a "Great Tribulation" preceded this attack upon them. I thought they believed this tribulation would be pretty severe. (As in no flesh being saved if it lasted too long...)
    Have they abandoned this idea or are they taking liberties with their own teachings?

Not really, they had just focused on the Gog of Magog thing earlier in the day so it was sort of a running theme. I'm guessing that they just assume that the JWs who are into prophecy will just remember how all of it is supposed to play out. Many others will just like the emotional appeal of having Jesus rescue them from "this system of things."

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Think about it brothers, because it could happen, we were told.

Honestly, I think that's why the GB has started to embrace these fundy-style videos. For decades they've been claiming that at any moment "Peace and Security!" will be declared, the UN will turn on False Religion, etc. It must be immensely frustrating for the GB that world events and conditions just refuse to comply with their view of the end of the world and death of billions.

How to scare Western JWs into believing the governments are about to turn on us , take our Bibles, etc., when there's absolutely zero events pointing that will happen? Make it up and put it in a video!

• TD
    TD

I'm guessing that they just assume that the JWs who are into prophecy will just remember how all of it is supposed to play out. Many others will just like the emotional appeal of having Jesus rescue them from "this system of things."

I would label that as taking liberties with their own teaching for emotional effect.

A tribulation where people still work at clothing stores and machine shops, attend board meetings, go to school and movie theaters, use their cell phones, etc., is no tribulation at all.

They could have portrayed those scenes as flashbacks to before this supposed tribulation, but they didn't. The men were clean shaven; the women had eye-liner and foundation, everybody's hair was freshly groomed, their coats and shoes were like new, etc., etc.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS has been putting on this scam over a century with all its commercaily corrupt doctrines .

fear mongering charlatism done right

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit