New England or Better Yet Western Mass.

by FlowerPower 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Welcome to the board!!!! My hubby Thunder and I were in the Methuen from 1987-1992 or so. Thanks for sharing your story and I am glad you chose what makes you happy in this life.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Hi Sheila, Thanks for the sweet words, glad to see that you were not blinded by the Borg. I've never been to Methuen. I have been to Haverhill though, since Iv'e been "out" that is,( that actually has a two fold meaning for me doesn't it!) There's a bar there that my partner and I like t go away to sometimes, called Friend's Landing. Then we usually go to Rockport. We are actually going there next weekend for a little hiatus since my surgery, before I have to go back to work. Did I see you on the chat a little earlier today about 4pm(est)? FP

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Wow FlowerPower,that's quite a story.I am so happy for you that you were finally true to yourself.I am very sad for you that 2 of you and your partners 6 kids don't have much to do with you.What a hateful religion that tears families apart like that. My little sister went through a really hard time when she was a teenager...depression,anorexia,bulemia(plus she already had a bone disease to add insult to injury).She finally got a little better and went away to college.Then she informed me she was a lesbian(which wasn't really a big surprise).Let me tell you my mother(quite the judgemental witness)didn't take this news too well.But my mother finally got over it,and now accepts it.At first my mother said my sister and her (then) girlfriend couldn't come stay at her house,but as time went by,and my mom got used to the situation,she changed her mind.The one thing that saved my sister in this situation was that she never got baptised(smart girl).Once you're baptised and turn away,they never want to forgive you.I am just so happy for my sister that she was able to get away at such a young age,and live her life the way it was meant to be.And I am happy for you and your partner(though sad that some of your relatives still shun you)that you got away,and finally love yourself for who you are.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Thanks Bittersweet, Hoooray to your sister for getting freed at such a young age, and I'm so glad that your Mom finally came around. It is hard for family to comes to terms with it, even families that aren't in the BORG! Usually if there are no great outside negative influences(like the BORG) the family's love for one another kicks in and they learn to accept each other. How your sister doing now with her ailments and such, Is she okay? Thanks to for your kind words. I am so glad to find exJW's that haven't been permanately blinded by the BORG. It's funny sometimes when I meet people on line, we write back and forth and then inevidiably I mention my partner, or just come out and mention I'm a lesbian and the correspondence stops! Oh well, their loss cuz I'm really a nice person. I feel bad for our kids that shun us cuz they rob themselves of our showers of love, good cooking, gifts, help in lots of ways. We still send packages filled with toys, clothes, fancy greetings cards, you name it to the grandkids and they are readily accepted by the wife(all 6 our kids are boys) but she won't even talk to us on the phone if and when my partner calls there she immediatley puts our son on the phone without speaking to her anything further than hello. I know this may get confusing cuz I call her sons my sons and she does the same. We have been best friends for more than 20 years and I view her kids as mine, she helped me deliver my last son who is 17 now. When we met my youngest was 3 my second son was not born yet. Hers were 7,4,3,and 2! I was there for all their milestones, and she was there for my kid's. Today her oldest son is bringing over our granddaughter (she's 1yr.) so we can babysit while they go to the movies for a couple of hours, that is so much fun! They drop her off we shower her with love and kisses and constant attention, she loves being with us too and then they come back and take her home...how cool is that??!! Well it looks like I'm rambling here just wanted to say thanks for your reply. Hope to see you on the chat sometime, do you go there? FP

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

Hey FlowerPower, That is so cool that you get to babysit your granddaughter today.I bet she gets super spoiled since you guys only have boys!I have 3 kids,all boys,and my older sister has only boys too.My mom would be in her glory if one of us had a girl...lol.She's not too keen on boys.I wish my mom would offer to babysit my kids! I am in chat smetimes.I'd love to chat with you.You can feel free to e-mail me anytime.My e-mail is [email protected] love making new friends,especially xjw's who know what it's like to have gone through that hurtful religion.People on the outside really have no clue. Anyway,you take care,and have fun babysitting!!!!

• caligirl
    caligirl

I grew up in VT and attended assemblies at the Civic Center for 20+ years. (My fondest memories are of the Brueger's Bagel's shop accross the street, and shopping excursions to the Holyoke Mall) I knew a few people in your vicinity. Congratulations on building a happy life for yourself despite the obstacles.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Thanks Caligirl, Yep we were there faithfully every summer at the Civic Center. It Started out to be Thursday afternoons thru Sunday then they cut out Thursdays. I was associated from '83 til '98 how bout you? So you knew some folks from this area? Come on name some names! My partner's son worked at that Brueger's! I knew a few folks from Southern VT. Brattleboro guess it was.. The Murches, Bob and Octavia, they had a sweet daughter named Elsa Soto. Iv'e recently met a guy named Paul Amell from up there as well. Any bells ringing? I assume by your name that your in California now, Iv'e got exJW friends out there too! Thanks for dropping a line!

• flower
    flower

Hi Flowerpower

Interesting story you have! Glad you are happy now and that it was all worth it. I'm currently in Waltham MA although I'm a newbie here. I've only been in New England since last Sept so I dont know much about the area. Nice to hear from so many others from the area though. We really ought to get a fest together out here.

take care, lol at the fact that we have the same name. I use flowerpower on other sites on the internet but when I think when I first signed up here it was taken.

flower

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Hey Flower, Thanks for your reply, I wasn't FlowerPower until recently, I had tried to get on lots of times and could never post, so my son managed to log me on and gave me the handle! I actually am the Manager of Dispatch and Delivery for a Flower Shop here in Springield so I guess that's what made him pick it! I see on my map that you are just a little North/West of Boston. Some other exJW friends of ours went to Boston recently with my partner and I to have a "meetup" with some folks from the Boston area. Next time we decide to go there I'll look you up. Feel free to e-mail me with your e-address. [email protected] FP

• Fire Dragon
    Fire Dragon

Hey FP!

I'm not in Mass. but I used to live in Jersey.

Anyway, I was telling my best friend about you and Joanne yesterday. She is an exJW too, and she thought the story of you guys getting together was soooooo sweet! You are both lucky to have each other.

FD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit