On behalf of Europe:

by TheOldHippie 35 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

Hojon,

this girl has some valid points but what she writes about hussein and his regime is of course a gigantic exaggeration (mind you she is from a family that suffered under hussein). millions of people killed, millions forced out by saddam, allowing woman to be raped and killed etc. that is utter nonsense.

• Hojon
    Hojon

Are you serious? It's a pretty well documented fact that Saddam uses the rape of people's wives and daughters as punishment. He had his own sons-in-law murdered for speaking against him when they fled to Pakistan.

I'm curious how you know so much more than this woman about what living in Iraq is like. This sounds like a smartass question, but it's not. I am serious- why should I believe you over the several first hand accounts from people like her?

• Realist
    Realist

well i trust the reports of neutral reporters and middle east experts. iraqi refugees that hope saddam is gonna be overthrown and who want to create a sentiment are not a reliable source by any means.

rape is indeed a tool for torturing people and hussein indeed killed his relatives. but that does not mean every man has the right to first rape and than kill his wife. this is completely rediculous and entirely made up.

• animal
    animal

There are no neutral reporters anymore.

Animal

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Its war propaganda Realist, the US administration wants to dehumanize the Iraqi's so it’s easier for them to justify murdering them.

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

True most reporters are just apologists for the US administration. What has happened to the objective news reporting? I have lost my faith in the objectiveness of most of the major networks.

Will

• avishai
    avishai
    how he has turned the Moslem world against the US and everything Western

????????????????????????????????

How long had he been in office before 9-11-01? Like 8 mos.? Come on! We've had the moslems attacking the US & other western countries for almost thirty years! Grow a brain hippie, there are VALID arguments against this war, your just spouting stupid empty outdated rhetoric.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The protests yesterday in Jordan and other Muslim against the war could be disestablishing the whole Arab world and dangerously allow the toppling of some of these already "shaky" governments.

Will

• Realist
    Realist

avishai,

How long had he been in office before 9-11-01? Like 8 mos.? Come on! We've had the moslems attacking the US & other western countries for almost thirty years!

please don't forget to mention WHY the arabs attacked western countries! i have no sympathy for islam but its not the arabs (muslims) that are/were the aggressors.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""LOL ...who gave saddam the WMD in the first place??? just in case you don't know...it was bush sen., reagan and rumsfeld""

Again, not true. Supplies that Iraq received were turned into a "duel use" for the Iraq military need. Once discovered, it has not happened again. However, France and Germany has been the suppliers of WMDs since 1991.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit