Superstitions

by Geoff 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Geoff, I am sorry, but your line of reasoning has left me dumbfounded. When people start assuming that a box of cereal will taint a child's faith, they have a LOT more to worry about than demons. Will the next step be to forbid animal crackers because it smacks of idolatry and animal worship?

The glass may be full....but it definitely isn't full of pure "water".

• outnfree
    outnfree

Geoff,

This "Faldon" game on your website. It seems to concern Sorcerer/Sorceresses as well as some nasty weapons.

Why are you, then, implying that vampire cereal is a danger to one's spirituality and that Satan can use to it demonize youngsters?
    At least with the cereal you pour it into a bowl, splash some milk over it, and decimate Count Chocula in about 5 minutes!

How much time do you spend using the 'Cheats' offered on your website to progress to the Sorcerer level? Wouldn't that be "allowing room for the Devil" in a much more serious way? (You don't even get your vitamins and minerals with games!)

outnfree

• COMF
    COMF
    you dont believe in the devil?

How appropriate that you should challenge him with that, given your choice of title/subject of this thread.

COMF

• TR
    TR

Geoff,

I'm afraid that I'm gonna hafta cast a spell on you. "Oh great chocolate Vampire, I prostrate thyself before thee to call upon your great sugary evil powers, I beseech thee, that ye may invade the personal possessions of Geoff. And ah, could ya do it in, lets say, something he bought at a garage sale? Oh, it could be a smurf, or a wind chime...What oh lord? Good JW's don't have those items? Oh, OK, then howz 'bout a...a...tool...or a...some other small insignificant item that's collecting dust in his house right now. Ok, I won't tell him what".

OK Geoff, don't be suprised if some item in your house starts making you hungry for Count Chocula. There is some unholy item in your house... it's an item forbidden by the WTS, you just don't know it. Better check back issues of the WT & Awake! to see what it might be. No, no, the bound volumn reprints and the CD have been edited, you'll have to look at the originals.

TR

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

yo Geoff:

keep a garlic wreath around the count chocula box, to keep the dark powers at bay,

best known vampire repelant, works better than crucifixes. . .

dont have any advise on how to keep leprechauns at bay so avoid the lucky charms!!!

CHUCK

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

I was thinking about this one this morning and how galling the degree to which the society tries to control the minds of its members...

I remember hearing at a meeting that Jehovah is the only one who can read hearts and minds. Therefore Satan can only hear us if we speak outloud. I'm not really sure the point that they were trying to make with that one? I just remember being a teenager when I heard it, and being totally worried about everything I said out loud lest it be something that Satan might use against me <some reason to come demonize me> I guess it was just another scare tactic.

Does anyone else ever remember this point being brought out?

Thanks!

Eyes

• JAVA
    JAVA

Geoff; where are you?

You started two threads on this forum, and many people took the time to respond. What happened to you?

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Geoff has run off to play Faldon and acheive Sorcerer status. All the while thanking Jehovah that his parents had the forsight to protect him from evil demonic influence such as Boo-berry, Casper, and Scooby-Doo (all demonic and could cause instand possession of you and every household item you know).

Typical hypocrasy (sp?) brings back good memories.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi eyes_opened:

I's so glad you said:

I remember hearing at a meeting that Jehovah is the only one who can read hearts and minds. Therefore Satan can only hear us if we speak outloud. I'm not really sure the point that they were trying to make with that one? I just remember being a teenager when I heard it, and being totally worried about everything I said out loud lest it be something that Satan might use against me

I remember that point and it really stuck in my mind. I always prayed silently for that reason. I didn't want Satan to do something to fool me into thinking something was God's answer. And you're right... it was a scare tactic and it worked so well it's taken me a long time to get past that thinking. I still find myself wondering about it sometimes.

I too wonder how many others thought that way!!!

Had Enough

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Hi HE!

Thanks for replying I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that too.

Eyes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit