E cart witnessing on our way to see Shen Yun in San Francisco

by cha ching 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• cha ching
    cha ching

Today, I took the day off to go with my husband to San Francisco on BART to see Shen Yun. Coming out of the station, were two Elders at a Watchtower Cart! My husband loves to witness to them.

Started off with a smile and they smiled back and he told them he had been associated with Jehovah's Witnesses and now he is not but he wishes to tell them that even though they are going to hear things that are upsetting in the news, there is life after Jehovah's Witnesses.

They smiled and asked him if they could ask what religion he has gone to, or what he is doing now. My husband asked them if they ever heard of the Gnostic religion and explained to them that instead of light coming from an organization it came from within.

I am standing there thinking 'oh my God', but they keep listening. I started off by telling them that we had a pedophile in our congregation, and that the Fremont congregation hadn't even sent us a letter saying that he was good with kids. And because of the two witness rule, people did not think about what could happen two children outside of the congregation how pedophiles do not stop with one child, and many more people would get hurt if Elders did not report to the police.

Both of them looked at me and said we do report to the police now. I asked really? I look at JW org videos and I saw someone say we will never stop the two witness rule. It is okay if you have two witnesses but you also have to call the police to protect children. Again, they said we do call the police now.

I did explain to tell my husband was disfellowshipped for testifying against the Watchtower. My husband then repeated that there is life after Jehovah's Witnesses and even though you will be disturbed by what you hear there is life afterwards.

Ready for our next "ecart" (I don't know why I like to call it an ecart, but oh well) as we walk down the street to the War Memorial Building for our show. First, a yummy blue cheese hamburger at Gotts!!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great job! The carts make it soooo easy for ex JW's to approach them. Hopefully, more will be approached. Don't make it easy for these ones to just stand there. The natives are getting restless within Jah's organization.

• millie210
    millie210

Love it that they stood and listened.

I guess that cannot run away and leave their little cart, can they?

• cha ching
    cha ching

We were actually surprised at how much those two men asked of us when we were there. They asked my husband can we ask you what religion you are? He told him Gnostic like the first century Christians where the light gets brighter inside of you instead of inside the organization.

My husband replied no I'm almost finished I just wanted to let you know there is life beyond Jehovah's Witnesses after you hear these disturbing things.

The next cart we went to was ready for us Rodger went up to two sisters and they held up his their hands as he approached the cart. Our idea is the minute they get approached by one apostate, they start calling everyone in the area telling them what they look like.

I walked up to three men and a row, and it's so sad and so funny I can't even tell you what happened. All I can say is people who talk to the carts are pretty adventurous, and it takes a little work but just like the witnessing we can get better and better at it.

They are on so many street corners in San Francisco it is incredible. If every X witness walks walked up to the cards and just said a few sentences to them all of the time who knows what would happen?

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Maybe you should get reversible coats of other disguises so after talking to one you can be in disguise (remembering story of JW lady in a country where it was criminal)

• cha ching
    cha ching

Haha, Janice, good one!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good for you for taking the time to give them a reverse witness. I was in Washington D.C. last week and they were doing cart work by the White House. No way would I be standing out in that cold (about 20 degrees F and windy) for any reason whatsoever. I could barely stand to walk a few blocks, and I only did that to see a gallery. I kind of felt sorry for them standing there for no reason, what a waste of time.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    The next cart we went to was ready for us Rodger went up to two sisters and they held up his their hands as he approached the cart.

Even if you were wearing t-shirts that said: "I'm a JW Apostate!", their refusing to speak to you by putting up their hands is downright childish. It's not likely you're seeking them out in the privacy of their own homes; they've actively put themselves out on the public streets for the sole purpose of engaging with members of the public.

I'm not encouraging harassment of them at all, but I could only imagine what their reaction would be if you continued to talk to them in a normal conversational manner for a few minutes. Their behavior would look mighty odd to everyone passing by.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Nice job! The bORG must be grinding their teeth for not being able to use a do-not-call list for the cart witnessing. The only protection against seeds of TTATT is to take your cart and leave. It makes then more vulnerable and will definitely cost members.

Didn't the GB see this coming? True, the D2D work is in decline so maybe they had no other choice than to do this, but still quite naive to assume that apostates would not open that door to greater activity.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Cha ching I just wanted to congratulate you...Good job the both of you!

I must say it kinda irritates me that the elders give themselves permission to listen, but the sisters..oh no! I mean I realize the elders were approached first, but as you say they did listen. Plus elders get to see behind the curtain to some extent. Is it any wonder it's usually the man who wakes up first?

How was Shen yun? I'd love to go at some point, tis very pricey but looks amazing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit