JW Cartoons

by FinalFlame 35 Replies latest social family

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Flamie - I'm a former witness of 10 years.

You beat me out by 2 years.

Not everyone here jumped from JW straight to atheism because of their teachings.

No. In fact it was a hell of a journey for me albeit a short one. Boring story really, I was in a church when it dawned on me there was probably no god.(Although I can't totally rule it out).

If there is a god, I hope it's Thor. Thor is cool with his accent and hammer.

Anyway, where were we? Sorry if I diverted the thread.

• FinalFlame
    FinalFlame

@punkofnice

I think you won, actually, by getting out first. 😉 unless you mean you were in for 12 years, instead of the 8 I read your comment to mean. 🙃

And if you taking the stance that God can't be proven to exist, and can't be proven not to exist (in any capacity, under any name), then you're probably agnostic like me. I don't exactly like labels, but in this case, it's better to differentiate between agnostic and atheist. It's surprising how often those are misidentified. 😁

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Flamie - I was born into the cult. I hated that part of my life. It felt wrong. I think I can thank 2 things for jolting me out.

1. When I became an elder, the whole thing took on a 'corporate' feel. Nothing like I thought it would be. then when there was a JC the 'accused' was given 7 days to appeal the decision that was supposed to have been made by holy spirit. I mean, I never heard any voices in my head. I concluded it was just window cleaners and milkmen making their own biased judgements.

2. The internet. Yes, Satan's internet that the WBT$ use.

I don't exactly like labels

Yes. Agreed. I live my life is all. I don't have the 'lifestyle' of any label. Labels are just the product of the tribal mind.

May the fleas of a thousand camels blight the Governing body.

• FinalFlame
    FinalFlame

Everything is a corporation. Even the Vatican, the supposed Official Church. The only God that really controls religions is the almighty Dollar. 😉

Lmao. This made my afternoon. 😂

May the fleas of a thousand camels blight the Governing body.
  • JRK
    JRK

FF,

As George Carlin said: "The only difference between religion and cults is how much real estate they have."

JK

• FinalFlame
    FinalFlame

JRK

'The good thing about science is it's true whether or not you believe in it' - Neil Degrasse Tyson.

And I typed that all with predictive text on my phone. Just goes to show how often I've said it. 😂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit