JW Cartoons

by FinalFlame 35 Replies latest social family

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

The Sophie and Caleb cartoons seem to be an epic fail, anyway. My kids never seemed interested in them. I imagine that they look useful, to adults that have never had kids (which includes most of the GB) but for kids to be interested in watching cartoons, they have to be entertaining, or funny. My kids love the Simpsons, even though I am not sure they get all the humor. Those Sophie and Caleb cartoons are about as funny as a funeral.

There aren't many JW kids left in the Borg to watch the Sophie and Caleb cartoons these days, anyway. It is all too little, too late, imo.

I did once unexpectedly come across one of my kids watching the infamous anti-gay metal detector cartoon, when it came out. It caught me by surprise, and I didn't have time to think of something more effective to say, but I said something like, "Don't tell anyone at school what is in that cartoon. If you do, they will think you are a bad person." It seemed to have the desired effect. My kid turned off the video straight away, and went and did something else.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    He (God) would place more value on the love and devotion of the family

Sorry, but I'm not taking lessons in morality and family love from a god who drowns his own children, has them torn apart by bears or kills them as a punishment for their parent's adultery. Or Pharaoh's stubbornness. Or to settle a bet with Satan.

• freddo
    freddo

scratchme you wrote:

"Why are you posting here? This is a place for ex-JWs and for people who are in different stages of detachment from that organization? "

It may be that the majority on this forum are as you have described, but actually that is not solely what this forum is stated as being for - it also is to discuss matters related to Jehovah's Witnesses and JW beliefs and practices and gain support in dealing with them.

Also if you read the original poster's profile you would have seen the association they have with JW's and seen why they may have chosen to post.

If someone joins/posts for the first time on a forum might it be the course of wisdom to be generally welcoming?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Welcome FinalFlame. Interesting reasonings, but JWs (and other bible thumping zealots) would claim that homosexual love is not really love but an abomination.

Its much easier to take a step back, look at the universe and human nature and say "Yh, there probably is no God" and just love who you love and be nice to people.

Taking the bible and watering down its gay bashing, misogynistic, slavery condoning genocidal, rape approving, infantcidal message is just pointless.

Pale empreror, thank you. I wish I had half the patience you have to deal with these preachy idiots.

Freddo: You are absolutely right when you say:

...this forum is stated as being for - it also is to discuss matters related to Jehovah's Witnesses and JW beliefs and practices and gain support in dealing with them.

If that was the case, great. But that person

1. Came here to preach, and guess what
    2. That is a different account, but that preachy idiot has been here before and does the exact same crap, comes here to preach and then disappears.
    3. That person did not say anything about being associated with the JWs. Read her post again.

This is another religious weirdo coming here with their own stupid crusades.

Last but not least, I am as part of this forum as anyone else, and I'm not going to change when/how I decided to approach some gay bashing bible asshole. She should be thankful that this is online, otherwise she would have wound up with her bible up her ass.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Jobot cartoons are certainly creepy and propagandist nonsense.

Sin is a religious concept and therefore I reject it out of hand. I totally reject the bible along with all other 'holy books' and their psychopathic gods.

Being gay, bi or boring is nothing to do with sin or naff all else. It's a fact of life. We like it or lump it. I'm hoping to be invited when my gay friends get married. Good for them!

Perhaps the world would be better concentrating on well being of self and others and not being judgemental because some weirdo in a pointy hat says so.

I hope you progress in your journey to escape the clutches of irrational belief. Here's a cartoon. I hope it makes you all laugh........

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

As vidiot mentioned, the leak ahead of time of the Sparlock video was a priceless opportunity. My husband was still actively engaged in wanting to study at the time. I asked him to watch something. I Asked him to tell me if he thought it was really from the Watchtower, as it was claimed that it was.

He watched it willingly since I presented it as a non-threatening question, and he too became bothered. He said n , that has to be an apostate video. It was created to show the JW in a bad light. We don't do things like that. That is extreme.( His words)

I left the room saying thank goodness, because if that was real I would be so upset.

Not long after, he attended the convention, and there, he saw it shown. I believe that caused a crack in his mental JW armor.

A priceless opportunity to anyone that was able to show it to a MI JW ahead of time, and they felt it had to be fake.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Punkofnice, love it!!

Only this morning I was asked by someone if I've "accepted Jesus as my personal lord and savior". I did wonder they would ask me this when this person knows I'm an atheist, but it was revealed that they were waiting for me to say no. Turns out it was "Satan" that was blinding me from the "real truth" when i was in the Jehovah's Witnesses.

He then went on a rant about Jesus and quoting John 3:16 at me from memory thinking i'd be impressed or something (seriously, all us ex-JWs can quote bible verses from memory, no holy spirit required).

I politely told him I dont need a savior. But i expect he'll come back.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    nonjwsouse - "...Not long after, he attended the convention, and there, he saw it shown. I believe that caused a crack in his mental JW armor..."

"...that loud snap was the sound of his brain..."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pale.emperor - "...JWs (and other bible thumping zealots) would claim that homosexual love is not really love but an abomination..."

Actually, it's the homosexual sex that they consider an abomination.

Personally, I don't think they give a rat's ass about the "love" aspect.

It probably doesn't even occur to them.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm still waiting for the original poster to reply. As always, posts some crap and then disappears.

BTW, If you think that ending up with a bible enema is a bad thing, just think about what is inside her beloved bible, violence, genocide, rape, murders and incest, to name a few of the cute things that the bible has. Carrying the bible up your ass is nothing compared to what it contains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit