by jhine 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• jhine
    jhine

Tobyjones262

How is Green Book a propaganda film ?

Jan

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Green book exposed the underbelly of the Trump base, not much change there it seems. Segregation starts in the heart, not the laws. Maybe that's how its propaganda? I didn't see any propaganda though and I don't believe my own opening statement either, lol.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I love 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid'. Yea just showing my age but I really did love the 'Green Book' and highly recommend it also!

just saying!

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

https://shadowandact.com/green-book-is-full-of-lies-dr-don-shirleys-family-speaks-out

Was can you actually have an original opinion without just yelling its all Trumps fault? That is so lame and old. Not to mention lazy.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Read my post again Toby and don't be so lazy. I know of the controversy but the movie is a bio pic which are often full of fiction. It stands alone as a work of art. It has a point and it made it. People were exposed to the Jim Crow south and that's a good thing. It was a very good movie. Of course you could sit and pout that it wasn't perfect. Ok. There's always the Lego movie. There's something for everyone.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

Was, Your post at a glance is a bit convoluted. I am just sick and tired of all this poor blacks bla bla bla. They have all the opportunity I or you do and in many cases like collage more. I don't owe them a damn thing. I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I even had the disadvantage of being a born in JW cult member who hated higher education and was told the end of the world would be here by 75. Now the left wants to throw down all this ancient history BS to try to paint the south as racist. So it was a propaganda movie.

• zophar
    zophar

Tobyjones262

Just....Wow! And "Collage?"

col·lage

Dictionary result for collage

/kəˈläZH/
    noun
    noun: collage; plural noun: collages
    1. a piece of art made by sticking various different materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric on to a backing.
      • the art of making collages.
      • a combination or collection of various things.

What am I missing here? I don't get it.

• jhine
    jhine

" Paint the South as racist " . The South was racist .

Jan

• sparky1
    sparky1

This is what a 'collage' of Black men looks like. Actually, I enjoyed GREEN BOOK immensely.

• cofty
    cofty

Saw Green Book tonight. It's probably one of my top five favourite films.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit