Bush just wants the oil!!!

by dubla 88 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi
    Some forget that the US has outspent any other Nation on the face of the earth in aid
    so true!
  • ThiChi
    ThiChi

"..judge things by GDP/GNP as this gives a true reflection on how much countries give based on their economy"

What a red herring. Who says? Simon says? How much is enough? GPN comparison is unfair and arbitrary. The fact remains. THE US IS THE LARGEST AID GIVER, EVER.

• ThiChi
  • ThiChi
    ThiChi

Here it is Dollars and GPN..........

• Valis
    Valis

expat...did you read through this? I presents, what is IMO a good argument for oil as impetus to be in Iraq and invade.

http://www.fpif.org/papers/oil.html

SIncerely,

District Overbeer of the prefers "Fighting chicks slathered in olive oil vs fighting Iraqis for oil" class

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Trade imbalance is never good. I challenge your $2.00 claim as not true and mis-represents the true benefit. Giving by private sector is the result of the US tax laws that encourage, at the expense of the government, to give.

Simon, your reasons for your claim do not add up to the facts. The US has, over fifty years, done more than anyone else. Do you know we foot a large amount for defense for Japan? Does this not help them to give more?

Even if the US was outspent (which in total were not) for a year, intotal, over the last fifty years, I can prove a pattern of building, not what you have put forth.......

• Simon
    Simon

ThiChi (sigh) ... let me make this simple for you:

Some girl scout sells cookies to raise money for some good cause. At the first house is a normal middle-income family who gives her $50 (expensive cookies, but a good cause)

Next, she calls at Bill Gates house, the richest man in the world (don't ask me how she gets past security). He giver her $100

Now, based on the above, who was the most generous? Don't you think Bill, with his billions could have given a bit more? Weren't the midle-income people more generous? That's how it works with GDP/GNP ... it allows us to compare countries, even the small ones and the big ones.

America is stingy. Shame on you.

• Simon
    Simon

Building? That's not how you spell "bombing"

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

You know the world has changed when...

..............the best rapper is a white guy,

.............. the best

golfer is a black guy,

.............. France is lecturing the US on being

arrogant,

.............. and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"Now, based on the above, who was the most generous? Don't you think Bill, with his billions could have given a bit more? "

Simon: your example begs the question: What has been the pattern in giving over a period of time? Who decides how much is the correct amount? Is reform needed on the recipients part? How many houses were visited and how much did they give? Just because the one house gave less, does that mean they will rob the other house of their cookies?

The real issue here is who is the largest giver of Aid, ever? You know the answer, don’t you? The point is the US will aid Iraq in its rebuilding, as it has done in the past, many times over.

You can’t have it both ways, US to go away or US to give the store away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit