Bush just wants the oil!!!

by dubla 88 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Reporter:

So the Brits are talking. So what? The Issue is the US actions of taking oil from Iraq, not what the Brits are up too.........However, there will be a lot of hands out after the war!

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I don't know how well "search" is working, but I'm hoping someone can point me to a thread I read last month. I think it has a relationship to this thread:

It gave evidence for expectations that the US was interested in weakening and perhaps toppling Afghanistan's government so that the US could influence the establishment of a government there that would be favorable to US interests. Those interests were related to oil distribution from/to/through Russia, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, etc. The sources were from the BBC (or like) sources published just before 9/11/01 and therefore before the conflict in Afghanistan started.

I believe it was the same thread where someone scoffed at the possibility that the person now running Afghanistan had ever had ties with US Oil interests before. And another response from someone confirmed that he actually was a consultant for an oil company that dealt with the US.

Gamaliel

• dubla
    dubla

thichi-

you do know i was only mimicking the anti-bush crowd, right?

aa

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""It gave evidence for expectations that the US was interested in weakening and perhaps toppling Afghanistan's government so that the US could influence the establishment of a government there that would be favorable to US interests""

So what? Every country wants to influence others for a benefit. Who can argue that the hot bed of terrorism is not located in this part of the world? Can you name one Nation that has never be invaded at one time in history? Welcome to life. Conflict is always the result of aggression. We are dealing with killers that have proven they can reach us.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

No problem, you are keeping me on my toes! Thanks!

• Valis
    Valis

I was listening to some discussion of this topic yesterday and one could easily see how the US companies gets put at the top of the heap when it comes to oil, but there are other big players like Russia, and even France, that will not be ignored as they have previous deals to produce Iraqi oil..the following link is to an article that merits some consideration...its put together very well with sources and so forth to back up the argument that oil is indeed a big impetus for war.

http://www.fpif.org/papers/oil.html

I wish it were that humanitarian reasons were the major focus, but of course politics and money are the prime movers in our world. That will never change.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• email
    email
    I wish it were that humanitarian reasons were the major focus, but of course politics and money are the prime movers in our world. That will never change.

That is true... and it would be naive to think that Oil doesn't play a part of this whole puzzle... but what I think some of us disagree on is for instance the NAME of this thread "Bush JUST wants the oil"... as if Oil is THE ONLY motivation for the U.S. actions... BTW... if that was the case there would've been OTHER ways to accomplish that without the huge expense of war...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bush is after Saddams prized Racing Camels..He`s much too large to be a jockey in the US,so he`s looking to be a big star in Iraq`s camel racing world....The US will never invade Canada for it`s oil..They want our beer,beer and aged chedder cheese..A good meal of Canadian beer and aged chedder cheese,and the U.S.will have all the gas they`re looking for,LOL!...OUTLAW

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* OUTLAW...yes we want your beer...and BTW, when we are done w/Saddam, we're turning the M! Bradleys in your direction....BTW, you can keep the cheese...why do you think we keep Wisconsin? eheh..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• reporter
    reporter

Dubla! Pull that tongue out of your cheek right now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit