a drive..

by zeb 14 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

Its Sunday am and i suggest we go for a drive. why I do not know as we have no conversation no banter at all.

So we did and had coffee. while we were doing so and looking at the scenery i realized she was humming wt songs to herself. I was so glad when the arrival of the coffee gave a distraction.

Has anyone else had this experience?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe you should have asked her who is going to farm the coffee plantations in the "New System" and what enterprising young brother is going market a "new World Starbucks" or the like.

I`m sorry zeb I feel your pain.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I wouldn't hold it against her too much. Sometimes those songs just get stuck in your head. I left the JWs back in 2001, and even to this day every so often I'll be humming to myself. I'll be thinking what tune is this, and then I remember....OMG, Then I'll quickly turn on some music or start thinking about some other tune like happy birthday or wish you a merry Christmas, anything just to get that horrible tune out of my head.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Hey Zeb, im not familiar with your story but i am familiar with the way Jws think they are clever!

Im sure she felt that by doing so would summon the great Genovas and convert you back, safely in line for the new system. Ready to walk around in the nood drinking jehovahs costaBucks coffee!

Stay strong!

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I know how you feel zeb my marriage was similar in that other than wt stuff we had nothing to talk about and my ex wasn't the kind of person you could have banter with. It was very hard. Maybe you could talk to her about finding a hobby you could both do together

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Now and then I’ll play a Kingdom Melody on the guitar.... my wife and I cringe together and smile. We vomit a little and we carry on.

Unfortunately some of those tunes stain your soul permanently.

• blondie
    blondie

They have changed the songs so much with worse music and lyrics, I have replaced personal singing playlist with better songs and play 4 CDs of past and present favorite singers. It has worked pretty well unless I am around a jw singing or humming (usually badly) that I know never liked the songs anyway. Yes, the way to god per the WTS is through WT songs, not the bible. I threw out all my WTS music/CDs/etc. If I need to see the lyrics they are on the WOL.

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

My wife felt internally the feelings of:

"stay strong for Jehovah"

"that he may be won over without a word"

"Satan is attacking my husband, don't attack him as well".....ect

And Kingdom Songs in her headset, over Bluetooth in the car, on the piano, and like you mentioned......humming the tunes, was a constant feature in our home until she began to wake up.

Fast forward a bit.....she missed 2/3 of the CO visit which would have been unthinkable a year ago.

Life is good.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I think they feel kingdom songs protect them. These sisters certainly did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoBgXwOtPK0

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

That video is funny! "Excuse me, you Jehovah's Witnesses! I'm talking to you. Can I have one of your magazines?"

*hiding under umbrella*

*fingers in their ears*

*singing kingdom songs louder*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit