Poll: Please Help with my Research....

by teenyuck 38 Replies latest jw friends

• email
    email

lol @ Brummie...

You're right... we have veered off the topic a little bit...so going back to the original topic...for me the best country in the world even with ALL it's flaws and mistakes... is the United States of America! and I am NOT deeply ashamed to be an American.

I just CAN'T let it go when people post things like:

As an American, born some 45 years ago in the United States, I currently feel nothing but disgust and nausea; I am truly and deeply ashamed to be an American.

and then on this thread the same person posts:

I love america with all my heart

Either multiple personalities... and/or in need of his medication.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{Brummie & e-mail}}

You guys are great!

I, too, like living here. I might like/love another country, however, I have too many opportunities here.

I am sure that people were saying the same things about the Romans, the Normans, the British and every other "superpower" over the last 7000 years.

When you are in power there are always going to be people who want to take you down.

What I think is new this is the "opinions" that are allowed. I am pretty sure that people never got to speak their minds like we can in America. That is one of the greatest things the USA brought the world...democracy. Before the USA, how many countries were democratic?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    I'll finish, Joanna, by saying that I am not a monster (but, it's your right to still hate me, if that's what you want).

Umm...I never knew you before...I was asking Teenyuck to explain what you had said that got her so riled up. The post you posted on this thread is the first I have ever read of yours.

I am going into education myself. I too have a firm philosophy that if my students learn nothing else in my class they will learn to question authority and be ready to be critical thinkers.

I too (like Realist) like a lot of what you had to say, and I look forward to reading more of your posts. You obviously put a lot of time and thought into them...it's great to see.

p.s. I don't hate anyone. Not even Farkel!

• Realist
    Realist

email,

i assume you are cuban!?

i would say you were close but not close enough . castro took over on jan 5th 1959. eisenhower established the boycott already in 1961 but it was kennedy who signed the real document in feb. 1962 so thats a point for you

the embargo was partially lifted in 1974 but trade with the west did not exceed 1 billion dollars because of restrictions set by the US.

the real break down came only after the USSR got to weak to support castro anymore.

• blackout
    blackout

Australia of course is without a doubt the best country in the whole damned world. You cant beat, we need it, its the best, beats the rest na na na naaaaa naa

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Blackout,

What you say, of course, is absolutely correct! However, if you tell it to too many people, they'll all want to come! Let's keep it a secret, eh?

Cheers, Ozzie

• email
    email
    i assume you are cuban!?

No I am not.

the embargo was partially lifted in 1974 but trade with the west did not exceed 1 billion dollars because of restrictions set by the US.

There WAS trade... that was my point.

was kennedy who signed the real document in feb. 1962 so thats a point for you

Thank you

the real break down came only after the USSR got to weak to support castro anymore.

Again, Thank you so much!... finally we agree on something... so it WAS NOT the embargo itself that did it...

I guess we won't agree on a lot of things... and honestly often you make my blood presure go up... but It's interesting debating with you so as long we don't get personal.

• Realist
    Realist
    I guess we won't agree on a lot of things... and honestly often you make my blood presure go up... but It's interesting debating with you so as long we don't get personal.

absolutely! i like the discussions too!

about cuba...as long as there was a trade possibility cuba was ok...only after the russian market was not longer available did the whole thing collaps......so it was the embargo that did it. if cuba could make trade with the world they would not be rich but they would be ok.

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Yankee go home... and take me with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit