Im "Going To Die In Armageddon"

by pale.emperor 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

3 missed calls from my JW brother last night. I didnt answer because he's actively shunning me and when he does ring it always to preach to me about how we're so close to the end and how i should "humble myself before the mighty hand of god"

He then texts me saying "we need to talk". I didn't take the bait. He's done this before. Could it be a death in the family? Is he having doubts? I decided to leave it and i'd ring him in a day or two.

Then i get a random text from my sister. "Armageddon is just around the corner. It's like being 1 minute to midnight, you still have a choice, serve God or serve men" (oh the irony)

I didnt reply. Half an hour later she texts "You're going to die in armageddon".

So that's it folks. We should all worship Jehovah because if we dont he'll kill us all. Sounds like a lovely relationship.

This is one ex-JW that cant be motivated by fear.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What has got them so worked up?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

What has got them so worked up?

I've no idea. Nothing in this weeks CLAM to suggest the big A is any more imminent.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

They sound like my parents when I was a child. Everything I did wrong I was going to die at Armageddon. It may work on their children but for adults they should they should keep their mouth shut. Still Totally ADD

• sir82
    sir82

And threats that God will slaughter you are supposed to somehow move you to rejoin?

I thought JW's big thing was that Jehovah only wanted willing worshipers? "God could have made robots, but he gave us the gift of free will, so we could choose to serve him out of love" and all that?

So now you're supposed to be all happy to come back because God is holding a figurative gun to your head?

Sorry to say it, but your family appears to be composed of delusional quacks.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Sorry to say it, but your family appears to be composed of delusional quacks.

You're not wrong sir82.

Mother - hardcore JDub who famously once said "if the governing body said the sky is green then my eyes are wrong and the sky is green." She also tells people im dead.

Sister 1 - Proudly tells the rest of the family that if her children are not baptized by the time they're 16 they need to move out.

Sister 2 - Has never actually read the bible and gets all her information from the Watchtower magazines. Researches all topics from music, food, current events on JW library. Only if it's not on there will she consult Wikipedia.

Brother 1 - Is afraid of me since i left the Watchtower because demons might live in my house.

Brother 2 - Not a baptized JW, smokes, takes drugs, sleeps around but still shuns me. He's also very welcome to JW parties and weddings.

I think you can safely see why im not missing any of these people.

• tiki
    tiki

Sister 1 better not let child protective services learn of that determination.

Leave them to their religion...if thats what makes them happy, so be it. You're smart not to engage in their nonsensical rhetoric. It always really antagonizes me though the way they are so quick to hand out death judgements. Thought that Jesus was the judge and executioner...not the lowly minions.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    FIVE EVENTS TO COME:
    1. Proclamation of “Peace and security!”

2. Nations attack and destroy “Babylon the Great”

3. Attack on Jehovah’s people

4. War of Armageddon

5. Satan and his demons are abyssed

Should your family not wait for the proclamation of Peace and give you a little time?
      Like it was at Jerusalem, first the troups marsh up, draw back and return to destroy. Dont bother, There might be yet a time to flee if Jehovah acts like with Jerusalem.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if i were in your shoes,-- PE--i would simply text them saying you want no further contact from them until they wake up and free themselves from such a destructive hateful cult.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

They are the ones that are going to be afraid. In their "paradise", Jehovah will be randomly killing anyone with a critical thought. They will live eternity in fear of their storm deity hoping he doesn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit