Should a JW accept Veteran payments?

by Tantalon 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Correction: I read "Would a JW" rather than "Should a JW'

:0)

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Is Germany paying their surviving WWII vets benefits? Just curious.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The general gist I am getting from threads like this is that certain JWs and even ex-JWs imagine that it is "hypocritical" or even wrong for a Witness to accept Veterans benefits.

NO, it is not wrong because that person served or worked there just as if they worked somewhere else. They are entitled to it. Period.

As far as companies offering a "Christmas" bonus: it's really a yearly bonus. The place I retired from called it a Yearly bonus.

I know JWs tend to be stupid and if anybody there wants to refuse their pension and starve to death, let them go right ahead.

JWs should shut their damn mouths and stop making their business and every fart they make the knowledge of the people in the congregation. It's nobody's goddamn business how much money they make OR the source of their money, investments. This cult-like intrusiveness just fuels jealous talk.

I learned early on it was a mistake that I once used a JW to do my taxes. This person must have told everybody my business.

• just fine
    just fine

Well since it was my dad's service in the Army during war that made him join the cult in the first place, I guess I don't have a problem with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit