I am sorry to report......

by Scooby 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Scoobs..so sorry for your current situation, but you seem to be on the right track and more than able to pick up the pieces and move on..heal yourself and develop a life of your own..its the only way you will ever truly be happy. Best of luck and drop a line if you ever need to. [email protected]

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Gordy
    Gordy

Sorry to here about it Scooby. Of course the JW's will heap all the blame for the divorce on you. The rumours will start. Its never their fault.

I personally have not spoken or had contact with my wife since end of 1999. We had been separated anyway, since 1996,had depression she was told I was a "spiritual danger" to the family and had to leave the family home.

Between 1996 and 1999 I discovered the truth about the Watchtower organisation. I attended my last meeting August 1999, after nearly 30 years as a JW. Month later she stop haviing any contact wth me. Only my children still spoke to me. In 2001 I disassociated, took about 3 months before it reach her congregation. and they then stopped my baptised JW children from having any contact with me.

Neither of us has applied for divorce, she because she doesn't have any scriptural grounds. Me because I have never bothered to. Being separated for 6 years would mean the divorce would go through with no problems. Often thought about it, but could never bring myself to do it.

Anyway Scooby I wish you the best. Don't let them grind you down. To see you miserable would make them happy. May the Lord be with you and strengthen you.

yours

Gordy

Merseyside England.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

(((((Scooby)))))

Yizuman

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Scooby....I can't believe I missed this thread.

Anyways, I am so sorry to hear the news.

I hope that the WTBTS will eventually come to their senses in regards to the rifts they drive between families.

I am at a loss as to what to say, but I certainly wish you only the very best. I extend my comfort to you.

Please remain part of this board. There are many caring and loving individuals who reside here.

(((Big Hug))) - if it helps .

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Scooby,

I've gone through divorce as well. It's certainly hard but you will be fine. You sound like a very strong person. A good support system is very helpful. I wish you all the happiness in the world. I'm sure that you will find it!!

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

uhhhh... So Scooby, What are you doing Saturday night?

• Scout
    Scout

Hi Scooby,

I too have been thinking about you & your situation. I am sorry you have to feel the stress, pain, and all the other junk that comes about when families are torn apart because of the JW's.

I send you all my best thoughts and positive energy as you continue with lifes path.

Scout

• waiting
    waiting

hey there cutie,

ya know, we get jaded on these forums - sometimes we don't believe anyone REAL comes on here. But you proved us wrong, lol...............as usual.

It does get better. I've seen you, talked with you, ......you will get better. You have no choice - as you are the better person.

I left a message for you at the top of the forum - please check?

So many of us have been divorced, moved on, remembered.....and yet reached out & found contentment, happiness....or just survived. And we're all surviving the WTBTS cult. We are better than they are.

This is Friday nite.........hope you get out in the sunshine this weekend! You've earned it.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit