I am sorry to report......

by Scooby 37 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Hey thats bad news. I hope things quieten down. I would say that sometimes people need a little time. Both my wife and I are out of it. But at first my wife was not supportive. She knew i was on the net......H2O etc. She didn't like it and called me an apostate! She threatened me with the elders. I had to cover up my true feelings for a while. It has worked out but sometimes it seems better at the beginning to appear less certain about things, even if you are!

Anyway, I am not saying you have done anything wrong. I hope it works out. Sometimes the split can be for the best.

ISP

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Scooby))

I'm sad to hear this, but unfortunately it's all too common that marriages are split when one mate leaves the WTSS. Speaking from personal experience, I would offer one word of advice:

Don't roll over and be victimized yet again. Be sure you get your fair share of everything you've worked together for for all these years. It's crushing to know that someone who once loved you has thrown you out of their heart, and the sense of personal inadequacy and/or guilt can stun us into being too conciliatory in divorce negotiations. And the JW mentality he retains will quickly relegate you to subhuman status, so don't count on any generosity from him.

Or, perhaps you may reconcile, and if that's in your mutual best interests, more power to you. I wish you well either way.

Craig

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Scooby.

I am sorry to hear this. I am a member of the male species....and this troubles me very much.

calamityjane...my wife is standing over my shoulder as I type this, and we are both sympathetic, but angry.

cj and i have been following your posts with great interest, and we have talked about them afterwards.

I will speak to you as a man who loves his wife.

I was the guy who initially started the thought with CJ, that maybe there was something wrong with the jw's. After our youngest daughter was born...I had given up on the jws. and she went to the KH, all by herself for the longest time, towing our baby along. Eventually my conscience got the best of me and I returned.....not because I loved the jw's, but because I loved my wife. Eventually, though she got to see the real side of the jw,s, ( not my doing but by their doing ) and we were both of same mind, and we eventually exited the same time.

I plead with you, to reconsider. Perhaps instead of washing your hands of the situation, maybe.....just maybe you can tuck your pride and anger away for a while, and save this relationship. There are hundreds of stories on this board who have done the same........and many who are attempting to do so.

What I am trying to say here is..... PLEASE try to save your union. There are so many people, who are too quick to just wash their hands of marriage...as though nothing previous meant anything. This saddens the rest of us who made the extra effort to make it work.

Regards: Dave and Denise.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Scooby,

Sorry to hear about your devorce. Being there myself I can relate to the feelings of anger and hurt you are going through right now. My advise is if its over its over. Go on with your life and don't look back. You will find so much more will be open up for you.

Will

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

being edited, because once again this is not xjw speaking but yours truly CALAMITY JANE.I was just so worked up over this post, that I forgot I was not logged in as me.? i've just wasted another post on xjw, and he's going to get to jediship before me

I'm sorry to hear about your delimma. This is terrible especially if you were both raised in the bOrg.

What I can't understand from your quote is that he wants to find someone who never has the background of a jw to start a new life. That's not going to fix anything.

WHY.?! This is the best foothold for both of you to tread new waters together as a couple.

there is something to this story I just don't understand

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I am sorry to hear this Scooby. Jehovah's Witnesses have a lot of blood on their hands, and I am very sorry that you are now affected by them.

Take care.

• Francois
    Francois

I'm sorry Scooby.

But know that you will be free in time to find someone who loves you for you and for you alone, and not for what religious club you belong to.

francois

• mouthy
    mouthy

All I can add to the out pouring of love is (((((((((((((SCOOBY))))))))I am so sorry- I think divorce can sometimes be harder than losing them in death. I have never had to go through one- but I have gone through losing in death. Just keep your chin up-& coming from a Granny>>> Pray for guidance I dont know if you still believe -> but He is still there-He promised not to leave us as orphans>>I do hope you can both rekindle the love- but if not- Dont let them "use" you again-by making you feel guilty.God be with you in your trail...HUG!!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

All I can add to the out pouring of love is (((((((((((((SCOOBY))))))))I am so sorry- I think divorce can sometimes be harder than losing them in death. I have never had to go through one- but I have gone through losing in death. Just keep your chin up-& coming from a Granny>>> Pray for guidance I dont know if you still believe -> but He is still there-He promised not to leave us as orphans>>I do hope you can both rekindle the love- but if not- Dont let them "use" you again-by making you feel guilty.God be with you in your trail...HUG!!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I am so sorry, Scooby. I wish I had a magic wand to make it better for you.

Lots of hugs,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit