Does this frustrate you

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The only thing that frustrates me is that I cannot hear the voices of people talking. There is so much missed by not being able to hear the inflection of someone's voice, the tone and seeing someone's face as they are talking. Words typed out can carry different meanings and sometimes it is hard to tell if someone is joking with you or attacking you.

But that's a small complaint.

• Xena
    Xena

well ya could get a webcam ya know

HOWEVER, I do know what you mean..nothing beats face to face contact...but look at it this way too, you now have friends all over the world..it's a nice feeling isn't it?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    nice feeling isn't it?

Yep. I like it a lot. It's like having a worldwide brotherhood .... oh wait. About that webcam . . . .

• minimus
    minimus

I sound like Judge Rutherford. Actually, I have a better voice.

• Prisca
    Prisca

As long as you don't look like Judge Rutherford, Min....

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

It does frustrate me a little .. there seem to be alot of people here I would like to meet in real life but seeming as I live in Australia that doesnt seem likely to happen

m0nk3y

• minimus
    minimus

Prisca, that was quick! No, I look more like C.T. Russell. btw, I think Australian woman are amongst the most beautiful in the world....So, maybe I'd rather live there than the USA.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Not at all...I have met most of the one's I really enjoy talking to...and I know I will see them again as time progresses. I guess I am just lucky to have the two coolest posters live very near to me.

There are only a couple left that I simply MUST meet up with. And I know that will happen eventually.

I guess the thing that really opened my eyes about posters here was Dallas. I knew there were cool people here...I also knew there were people I really didn't know, and didn't think I cared to get to know. However I was very wrong, and many people surprised me. It has never been more pleasant to be so wrong.

So maybe that's something everyone should keep in mind while posting with those you may not agree with or get along with...i.e., that in real life they are probably a really cool person, and you would bond with them simply because you have shared some of the same life experiences.

• blackout
    blackout

No it doesnt really frustrate me, but I would like to meet Uncle Bruce and Ozzie and Prisca, oh and Monkey. hehehe All the Aussies I guess. All you foriegn types better stay in your own country. We dont like foriegners around these parts.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I have not met alot of people from this board but I do hope to get to meet some of them soon. I have really enjoyed chatting with people here and they all seem very nice. I would love to meet each and every one of you. It is kind of odd feeling so close to people you have never met. I feel like I have a better friendship with some of these people (you know who you are) than friends I see on a regular basis because they know what I am going through and can relate to situations I have been through. I really love everyone here and thank you Simon for this great site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit