Does this frustrate you

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Being here almost everyday, we get to know each other and often friendships start from this forum. We get to know who we like and dislike.

Some friendships here are better than in actual life.

Does it frustrate you to know that 99% of the people here, you will never see?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Actually no. I like most of the people here but I only really want to meet a couple of them. I guess I'm weird like that.

• JH
    JH

I think that 90% of people here won't even meet 1.

• Valis
    Valis

hrrrm JH...good question, but to answer, not for me really...I also wonder if dubbies ever felt that way about their own...so many dubbies and so little time of the end...eheh? Well, it would be wonderfull for us all to meet and I bet we would have fewer flame wars on the board...I don't think there is one person I have met here that I've had an argument with in a long time..especially since meeting them in person. "I say carry on brave solderer...get thee to many Apostafests as thine wallet will allow, so spaketh (include flying spit)" St. Valis from the Book Of Iniquity, Chapter 1:15. keeps the "cain't meet enough Aposate folk" blues at bay...Oh and just wait till joy2bfree finds this thread...let the braggin begin...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Solace
    Solace

I agree with Val.

I love meeting the folks from the board. Its really like you know them already, but its interesting to get to know everyones true personality vs their online one.

Not always, but sometimes people, or things become larger than life, cold or dramatic online. In person, we see that we are all just human.

On the other hand, its also interesting to see how so many here are so similar to their open, caring and genuine online personalities.

Although I love chatting here with everyone, Ide have to say it seems so much more real and down to earth when we meet in person.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Actually no. I like most of the people here but I only really want to meet a couple of them. I guess I'm weird like that.

Come on Stinky, Ive wanted to meet you ever since I read your first post, because of you seem to have a very good head on your shoulders. Bummer, now I'm hurt. Bug

• Prisca
    Prisca

I've met about a dozen of the Aussies who have posted here over the past year or two. It is frustrating in a sense that I won't ever get to meet some of my favourite American and English posters, but that's just the name of the game.

I love meeting the folks from the board. Its really like you know them already, but its interesting to get to know everyones true personality vs their online one.

I agree with Heaven (who is someone I'd like to meet ) It's interesting to see what people are like in real life, versus their online personality. You can get a few surprises.

• ISP
    ISP

I think you get to meet some members....the ones local to you........at least. You can't meet everyone...but you should meet some! You need to 'widen out'..oops thats WTS talk!

I dont think its frustrating at all. Its realistic that you wont meet everyone.

ISP

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

shutterbug-

Okay, I take it back. . . it is disappointing that I'll never meet many on this board.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Now I feel better Stinky. Thank you for your kindness, I can sleep now. Bug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit