Fred said: The "Captivity" of 1918

by refiners fire 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Surely the MOST significant visible event in the history of the 20 th century in terms of Biblical importance was not the first world war, nor was it the remarkable acceleration in knowledge and technology, nor was it the restoration of Jews to the land of Israel. No. The most significant event of the 20 th Century just HAS to be the events of 1918 / 1919 in the “Captivity” and the “Release” of Jehovahs Organization from Babylonish enslavement. I say this because so much BIBLICAL PROPHECY was fulfilled in those “amazing” World shaking events. Think about it. Entire swathes of the biblical books of Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel were fulfilled when Judge Rutherford was put in jail, then released from Jail. Not only these major prophets, but numerous of the “lesser” prophets wrote, 2000 odd years ago, predicting the slamming of Judge Rutherfords jail cell.

A staggering thought.

“MANS SALVATION OUT OF WORLD DISTRESS AT HAND” PAGE 126:

QUOTE: ”Then, because of the persistent disobedience and unfaithfulness of his people, he had, as it were, turned the land upside down like a pot and emptied it of its inhabitants, exiling them to the land of Babylon and letting the polluted land lie desolate in sabbath keeping for seventy years. (Isaiah 24:1-6; )”

That’s the judge being locked up . Heres anothery:

“THE NATIONS SHALL KNOW THAT I AM JEHOVAH” Page 313, Quotes Ezekiel 36, most of which concerns the locking up of Judge Rutherford in 1918:

QUOTE: “Ezekiel 36:…”This is what the Lord Jehovah has said, For the reason that the enemy has said about you ‘Aha! Even the high places of old time, as a possession it has become ours’…’For the reason that there has been a lying desolate and a snapping at you people from all sides’… ‘ I myself have raised my hand in an oath that the nations around about you, they themselves will bear their own humiliation’.. That is the way the worldly enemies talked against the spiritual estate of the anointed remnant of spiritual Israel after this estate had been desolated by religious persecution and suppression during World War I. Christendom was then ready to take over the whole religious field during the postwar period…”

Quite apparently from this scripture the entire world was pitted against the Bible students in a frenzy of persecution and torture, all the nations scoffing at their being banned, mass exterminations, tortures… How Babylon the Great, especially Christendom must have crowed when the 6000 Bible students were prevented from usurping Catholicisms position of leadership of Western Christianity. Consider the prophecy in Ezekiel 37, the prophecy of the valley of dry bones:

QUOTE: “The hand of Jehovah proved to be upon me, so that he brought me forth in the spirit of Jehovah and set me down in the midst of the valley plain, and it was full of bones. And he had me pass along by them all round about, and, look! there were very many on the surface of the valley plain and, look! they were very dry. And he began to say to me: 'Son of man, can these bones come to life?…. 'Son of man, as regards these bones, they are the whole house of Israel. Here they are saying, "Our bones have become dry, and our hope has perished. We have been severed off to ourselves…”

That Prophecy goes on to speak that Jehovah likened the persecuted and vilified remnant to DEAD MEN in their tombs. Just think about that brothers, 1 million people died in the destruction of Jerusalem in 70ce and they even went so far as to eat their own children , so desperate were those persecuted Jews back then. Can the terrors of the persecution suffered by the abandoned Remnant in 1918 have been any less? Not likely is it brothers? Or what about the shocking persecution of Mormons in the 1830s and 1840s? A persecution that resulted in the deaths of thousands of Mormons? Surely this could have been nothing compared to the devastating persecution launched against the org in 1918. A persecution so terrible that it caused the Dubs Org to be considered like unto a valley full of Dead mens bones. The Mind boggles brothers.

Why is it then, that in the worlds media, their history books, etc that we hear nothing about this dreadful mass persecution of the dubs? There can only be one answer. COVER UP. The governments and Churches have covered up the degree of the persecution of the dubs in 1918. Something to ponder indeed.

Heres another Biblical prophecy and fulfillment that staggers the senses. Its from the book “THE NATIONS SHALL KNOW THAT I AM JEHOVAH” :

QUOTE: “And you will be bound to remember your bad ways and your dealings that were not good, and you will be bound to feel a loathing at your own person on account of your errors and on account of your detestable things. Not for your sakes am I doing this,' is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, 'let it be known to you. Be ashamed and feel humiliation because of your ways, O house of Israel.'"-Ezekiel 36:29-32……”

And the modern fulfillment:

QUOTE: “the members of the anointed remnant feel a loathing of themselves when they look back at what they were in the past, taking note of their errors and bad dealings that were not glorifying to God's name. It makes them ashamed, it makes them feel humiliated, just to think about it…”

What an amazing fulfillment. Jehovah thru Ezekiel prophecied that they would feel ASHAMED and HUMILIATED and SELF LOATHING and that is EXACTLY what they felt after they were released. Can there be any doubt that such a totally correct prediction could only come from God Himself? These books written by Freddie Franz explain some of the causes of the Captivity. Regrettably the Remnant themselves had a degree of responsibility for their own abandonment by God. One naughty thing they did which fulfilled prophecy again:

QUOTE: “ And I shall actually make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel, and one king is what all of them will come to have as king, and they will no longer continue to be two nations, nor will they be divided any longer into two kingdoms. And they will no longer defile themselves with their dungy idols and with their disgusting things and with all their transgressions; and I shall certainly save them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and I will cleanse them, and they must become my people, and I myself shall become their God.’ Ezekiel 37:21-23”…… “ During World War I, after the death of the first president of the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society on October 31, 1916, efforts were made by certain ambitious ones among the International Bible Students Association to break up the unity of the remnant into several religious sects. But the faithful members of the remnant resisted the various pressures toward disunity and sectarianism such as prevails in Christendom….”

So there was a “dividing” in the Org thru a power struggle to seize control of Gods org that was typified by the 10 tribe/ 2 tribe division of the nation of Ancient Israel. Heres another interesting thought in conclusion:

“THE NATIONS SHALL KNOW”. PAGE 320.

QUOTE:…”the question arose in the mind of many worldly observers:…."Will the spiritual estate pictured by the 'mountains of Israel' prove to be too difficult a responsibility and hardship for the anointed remnant of spiritual Israelites to occupy and hold? Especially so in the postwar period with its atheistic communism, Fascism and Nazism, dictators, militant 'Catholic Action,' nationalism, Brain Age intellectualism, irreligiousness and lowered moral standards."

Yes, those wicked worldly governments and religionists who had tried so deceptively, so secretly, so cunningly, so viciously, ( almost succeeding I might add in EXTERMINATING the Dubs in 1918,) were pondering this very question. Cant you just see the president of the United States in Conference with the Pope discussing the imminent release of Judge Rutherford from Jail. You can see the newly forming League of Nations in urgent session discussing whether the Bible Students will be able to hold onto their recently returned spiritual estate.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Very funny stuff.

Why is it then, that in the worlds media, their history books, etc that we hear nothing about this dreadful mass persecution of the dubs? There can only be one answer. COVER UP.

LMAO!

• Loris
    Loris

I am just floored at the shear amount of hogwash proof that the WT has presented over the years so that all loyal dubs know for sure they are in the "truth" and the FDS is the real deal. Add to your list the Daniel Prophesy book and the duel jewels the Isaiah Light books

I am so upset at me for letting that slide right past my good sense. I used to skip over that part of the "lesson" and mentally say "whatever" and continue on. Why o Why didn’t a red flag go up and warn me the whole cock-a- maimy tale was bogus? I knew deep down that they were misapplying scripture to themselves and their obscure little religion. But I was under the spell of "they have the truth and where would I go?"

Loris of the Kicking my Tail Class

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

"COVER UP"

Dan. How about...lack of interest? total disconcern? absolute disinterest in the activities of the bible students? Utter ignorance of the existance of the Bible students organization?

• blondie
    blondie

I swear the 2 new Isaiah books use the date 1919 on every page. Every prophecy in Isaiah is centered on that date per the WTS. Hogwash!

Blondie

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

"I swear the 2 new Isaiah books use the date 1919 on every page"

Blondie. Id sure be interested in looking at those books, but I only have stuff up till the mid 70s really. Yesterday I spent the afternoon with a disassociated dub. Hes the friend of a friend of a friend. Hes been out for 10 years but was talking about going back and someone called me in to go talk to the guy. Hes been out 10 years and still thinks its the truth and everything that happened to him was his own fault, Its gratifying to be able to link in with people who can be aided by the knowledge you have isnt it?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Cant you just see the president of the United States in Conference with the Pope discussing the imminent release of Judge Rutherford from Jail.

As a Dub, I really used to think along those lines.

• artful
    artful

RF: The quotes you posted read just like the Isaiah books...you'd love them! As Blondie mentions, almost every page has mention of the 'modern day' (1919) fulfillment. This is one of the main reasons my wife has stopped going to the BS (fitting acronym!). She couldn't stand to listen to scriptures constantly being applied to this little band of arrogant men anymore.
    If you would like a copy of these books, send me an e-mail at [email protected]. I'd be more than happy to arrange to send them to you...They make for some very funny reading!
    Cheers Artful

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Yes, there must be a fixation on the 1919 date. See pages 168-171 of Revelation Its Grand Climax at Hand! Of course, the whole book is replete with dates that purportedly identify Jehovah's Witnesses in the Book of Revelation. Of course, we are told that JWs can be wrong on their date settings, but never on their doctrines! We are asked to believe that false dates do not make them false prophets.

• onacruse
    onacruse

The 1999 WT CD lists 4,368 hits for 1918-1919, and 5,995 hits for 1914. So, the arrest and release of the WTS board was almost as important as the archangel Jesus conquering Satan the Devil and regaining rulership of the entire world?

this little band of arrogant men

Indeed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit