Little Gems From the November 2018 Study Watchtower

by The Fall Guy 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Quickly glanced through it and noticed these bits of "food at the proper time."

I'll leave the lap-dancing comment on page 25, par. 12 and the "How to give us more money" item on pages 28,29,30,31,32 for others to pick up on..

Page 16, par. 14 - "Jesus confirmed that we can trust in Jehovah as the Great Timekeeper, not focusing on “times or seasons” that God has not yet revealed." (Acts 1:7)

So why hasn't the W8rwick "slave" stopped focussing on how close the end is?

Page 18, par. 1 - “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.” (Matt. 16:21-23)

So JW's have not to think about the thoughts of (8) men????????

Page 21, par. 13 - “The faithful and discreet slave” does not exercise control over the thoughts of individuals, and neither do the elders.

And they expect the publisher minions to actually swallow this???????

Page 22, par. 20 - Remember, there are basically two sources of information—Jehovah (aka WTBTS) and the world under Satan’s control.

Bad internet, bad internet!!!!

Page 31, QFR - Jesus counseled his apostles not to seek a position of prominence among their fellow believers.

LOL :) No comment needed for this piece of verbal diarrhoea from a G.B. "helper" who seeks more prominence.

• sir82
    sir82

Information that will be discussed in a public meeting attended by 4 year old kids, 5 year old kids, etc.:

Cultivating Jehovah’s view of unrighteousness
    will also help us identify
    certain practices as wrong, even though
    they are not specifically mentioned in
    God’sWord. For example, lap dancing is
    a form of lewd conduct that is becoming
    more common in the world. Some might
    excuse such conduct, reasoning that it
    is not the same as outright sexual relations.*

* Lap dancing is defined as “an activity in which a
    usually seminude performer sits and gyrates on the
    lap of a customer.” Depending on the facts of an actual
    situation, this could constitute sexual immorality
    requiring judicial action. A Christian who has taken
    part in such activity should seek help from the
    elders.—Jas. 5:14, 15.

Truly food at the proper time!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I don't know if this relates to anything. But the latest denisehedberg66 youtube video she talks about the Nov 2018 WT study becoming even more ''orwellian'', for lack of better words. If you think the JW's are standoffish now to the labelled ''weaker'' ones, you have another thing coming. Big-time ''ratcheting-down'' stigma to irregular or inactive ones. They are pretty much branding ''weaker'' ones as the same stigma 'in their narrow minds' as disfellowshipped. The control is tightening.

• steve2
    steve2

We control you by telling you we do not control you. Got it? Good. Now get on with it.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Lap dancing !? ?!

Ha ha. Are Bethel boys going to strip joints??

The only places here in Melbourne Australia you get a lap dance is in a strip club. Or have I missed something.

What dribble,drivel.

jtg

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

seems jeehovah is a hopeless timekeeper, wer'nt the creators promises meant to have been fulfilled by the end of the 20th century, perhaps he overslept, typical LOL

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

"The great timekeeper"

What next?

Jehovah the Great wicket keeper?

The Great Greengrocer?

The Great Bell-ringer?

The Great Dog Walker?

Isnt "God" good enough? If i were him I'd be bloody fed up of all the dotty names I was given by Watchtower the Great appellation bestower......sheesh

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Should publishers with kids tell the elders the wt for this lap dancing article is PG-13 in its subject matter so they will pass attending- so inappropriate for all those children that shouldn't have even entered the world due to the encouragement of the GB to seek first the kingdom not having children...

• blondie
    blondie

As to the article about donating, the WTS does this every year just before time to get tax break for donating before the end of the year. Check other WTs at that time and see same "reminder."

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'''Should publishers with kids tell the elders the wt for this lap dancing article is PG-13 in its subject matter so they will pass attending- so inappropriate for all those children that shouldn't have even entered the world due to the encouragement of the GB to seek first the kingdom not having children..'''

Sometimes the extreme hypocrisy is too far out to left field, it's hard to describe. That's why I found it so incredibly tough to sit through the WT even when I was PIMI.

The double speak from ''both sides of their'' mouth, such mixed messages. Creates dissonance. Even with PIMI's, hard to sit there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit