Jehovah's Witnesses lose registration as a religious community in Norway

by RULES & REGULATIONS 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Hellothere - they fantasized that they could make it as an ereligion, online only, but the pandemic convinced them that they cannot maintain the control if the R&F do not attend in person. They get a taste of freedom, they stop paying attention, they stop contributing, they fade and quit altogether. The Video center plans for Ramapo won't save them. They will milk the donation request until they have to put up or shut up. I will be surprised if they get underway with real construction.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Longhairgal, the congregations were the net they relied on for decades. "No worries about the fallout from bad policies, good hearted ones like Longhairgal will dig deep into their bank accounts and help them." Now they are seeing that isn't true and they don't know where to turn. Argentina is waiting as a Get Out of Jail card. In the meantime, they will tighten the controls in an effort to corral the sheep back into the pin. For the ones that they cannot get back, they turn into pariahs.

GOOD on you for seeing it for yourself and doing the smart thing, the wise thing. I am happy for you and admire your thinking. It's too bad others don't have the wherewithal to do the same.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “…Donations are down because so many are leaving. Elderly who were the largest contributors are passing away. Younger JWs do not contribute as much as their parents did…”

Not to mention that statistically, the vast majority of present-day rank-and-filers are the least educated - and, therefore, the lowest earning - religious demographic in the US…

…so they ain’t got much to give and make ends meet in the first place.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Yeah that control thing is what people put up as argument for org not going online. Watchtower hade congregations to control back to in the 90s. Most congregations are made up of pimos, people there just just too meet family. Kingdom Hall's have been half empty before covid. They been begging for money for decades now. Telling people to go to meetings for year's. Nothing has really worked. People haven't gone too meetings and they haven't been donating as watchtower wants för decades. It's the other way around. They don't care following directions as they used too. Plus every year JWs get more tired and less enthusiastic. Forget about control. GB lost control over congregations year's ago. They never gonna get it back as in the 90s. They know that very we'll. Only thing left is sell everything and run with the Money. Everything is about money. If they go plus Money wise selling things and going online, then that's what gonna happen.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Hellothere;

If I could smash that 'like' button 10,000 times on your post,,I would.

Everything you said is spot on,,,I do believe the WT was struggling to put behinds in the seats at KH's before the pandemic.

That's probably why the big cash & grab around 2014-15, Probably getting ready to sell-off the KH's and grab & run.

The gig is up. The little dog has pulled the ''curtain'' back on the WT, the wizard has been exposed. The 'tower' is crumbling.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THOMAS MORE:

That’s very funny but, sadly, some would have the audacity to believe that.. If I were dumb enough to still be a sitting duck there no doubt a confrontation would happen.. Which is why I’m Glad I’m a million miles away from the religion! “Shrewd is the one who has seen the calamity and proceeded to conceal himself (or herself).”

I also agree with what you said about them wanting JWs back in seats in person. In my opinion, it’s about loss of control and less $ in contribution boxes. I also suspect the Covid shutdown was a ‘hardship’ for some deadbeats in congregations who were used to getting handouts in person. They must’ve had to get very creative during that time period!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “… they fantasized that they could make it as an ereligion, online only, but the pandemic convinced them that they cannot maintain the control if the R&F do not attend in person...”

This…

…is really hard to argue with.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Jehovah's Witnesses intend to take legal action on the validity of decisions denying state subsidies of 27.01.2022. In letter dated 02.12.2022, and in letter dated 15.02.2022, Jehovah's Witnesses request deferred implementation until the case has been processed by the public administration or there is a final verdict.

JW News reports that "on December 30, 2022, the Oslo District Court granted a temporary injunction to stop the government from taking away our registration as a religious community."

• Biahi
    Biahi

Thanks, Earnest. I hope they lose big time!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I found the wording interesting on the Breaking News: Norwegian Court Suspends ATTEMPT to Deregister Jehovah's Witnesses. There is something bothersome in my brain about the work attempt. I must have misread something. I thought they did deregister, but this is an appeal. By using the word "attempt" , it sounds like they didn't do it. I guess I should go back and read some more and get my ducks in a row.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit