Can you be disfellowshipped for getting abducted by Dogman / Bigfoot / Aliens?

by John_Carter_1912 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• John_Carter_1912
    John_Carter_1912

For those that went to Public School... the scientific method is:

• Characterizations (observations, definitions, and measurements of the subject of inquiry)
    • Hypotheses (theoretical, hypothetical explanations of observations and measurements of the subject)
    • Predictions (inductive and deductive reasoning from the hypothesis or theory)
    • Experiments (tests of all of the above)

Vic Cundiff has over 248 episodes from different eyewitnesses of encounters with the Dogman. That is evidence! Now the evidence must be examined throughly and then tested in harmony with the scientific method to attempt to verify a hypothesis as true.

Youtube Channel

Have John.Prestor and Finklestein throughly examined & tested the evidence? No. So my statement is true.

"The assumptions that you make "because biology TELLS us they don't" is thoroughly inconsistent with the scientific method."

Or are you guys simply believers in the 2 witness rule?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I don't think you can be disfellowshipped for getting abducted by Bigfoot.

It's a different matter if you're cohabiting with Bigfoot, tho ...

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Can you be disfellowshipped if you are abducted by aliens?

Only if you spend the night and engage in mutual "manipulation of the genitals."

• jp1692
    jp1692

Anyone can be disfellowshipped for anything that three elders can agree to. And then your life is ruined.

It's as simple as that. It really is.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• jp1692
    jp1692

JC_1912: Vic Cundiff has over 248 episodes from different eyewitnesses of encounters with the Dogman. That is evidence!

Sure. Except research has shown that eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable (National Center for State Courts).

According to a report published in Scientific American: "Since the 1990s, when DNA testing was first introduced, Innocence Project researchers have reported that 73 percent of the 239 convictions overturned through DNA testing were based on eyewitness testimony" (Arkowitz & Lilienfeld, 2010).

Why isn't there hard evidence as in ... I don't know ... a living "dogman" or at least a corpse?

BTW, there is no such thing as THE scientific method. That's a myth. Science is a way of trying to understand nature and reality. It's a philosophical, evidence based approach to attempting to solve the mysteries of life, the universe and everything.

Here's an excellent source to get a basic idea of how science works:

• LV101
    LV101

Where's Cofty -- our Resident Genius re/science. He always balances out all the woo.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To: Finkelstein

Its obvious that you also believe in the 2 witness rule.

Not a chance this atheist says

Please read ......

The scientific method is an empirical method of acquiring knowledge that has characterized the development of science since at least the 17th century. It involves careful observation, applying rigorous skepticism about what is observed, given that cognitive assumptions can distort how one interprets the observation. It involves formulating hypotheses, via induction, based on such observations; experimental and measurement-based testing of deductions drawn from the hypotheses; and refinement (or elimination) of the hypotheses based on the experimental findings. These are principles of the scientific method, as distinguished from a definitive series of steps applicable to all scientific enterprises.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Hi Fink, nice post except ...

There is no such thing as THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD as if there is only one way to do science. That's a common myth perpetuated by people that aren't scientists.

See my post above for details.

jp

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Agree Jp1692 but I was trying differentiate the evidence based approach to why ancient mythology has to be given extra scrutiny based from its original source.

Words written by men or pictographs on temples of worship are not physical evidence to unusual creatures that were half human and half animal.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Thanks for the clarification, Fink.

That makes sense and I agree completely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit