What bothers/worries you most about the war ?

by m0nk3y 41 Replies latest social current

• Southland
    Southland

For me, what bothers me most is my mother's joy (she is still in the "truth") over "bible prophecy being fulfilled right here before our own eyes." Of course, the current dubs believe there are only one or two unfulfilled prophecies remaining before the end of the world.

:(

• Simon
    Simon
    the taliban denied any connection to the 9/11 attacks, just as hussein does. therefore, we were the agressor in attacking afghanistan as well.

hmnnn. so, to follow that "logic" (for want of a better word) ... you want it to be the other way around ... that just because one person denies involvement in something, that everyone else you accuse is guilty?

"The bank robber denied doing it so even though you also deny it dubla, you must be guilty"

Yes ... that makes sense

• dubla
    dubla
    hmnnn. so, to follow that "logic" (for want of a better word) ... you want it to be the other way around ... that just because one person denies involvement in something, that everyone else you accuse is guilty?

"The bank robber denied doing it so even though you also deny it dubla, you must be guilty"

Yes ... that makes sense

nope, not my "logic" at all....nice try though. i was just pointing out that this wont be the first time weve been the agressor. i dont think saddams guilt has anything to do with the talibans guilt.....in fact, ive never said i believe saddam was behind the 9/11 attacks in any way. im not so sure hes tied to al qaeda, personally. id suspect he has terrorist ties, just from what the world knows of him as a person (if he can be called that), but i dont think its been proven to the extent that the u.s. government would like us to believe. contrary to your blanket opinion of everyone on the prowar side, i dont take everything washington says as 100% fact.

aa

• acsot
    acsot

As Southland mentioned, it really irks me that JWs take delight in other people suffering. They'll gleefully go door-to-door and prey on people's fears by telling them that they can find refuge in Jehovah's organization, blah, blah, blah. If soldiers die, well it's their fault for going into the armed forces; if innocent civilians die, well too bad but prophesy has to be fulfilled.

• dubla
    dubla

just to further clarify what i meant with the taliban example...........

how do we know the taliban were behind 9/11? the media(govt) told us. so we attacked. now weve got all the critics saying the media(govt) lies left and right, and is lying about saddam, what he has, and what hes done. so we are attacking. whats the huge difference between the two? how are we the agressor now, but were only playing defense with afghanistan?

aa

• JeffT
    JeffT

This is by far not the first war in which we've been the aggressor. Here's a list from off the top of my head: The Texas war for independence, Mexican American War, Boxer Rebellion, Spanish American War, any number of little actions in Latin America form the late 1800's through Panama, Chile, Nicaragua, Haiti, and likely a few other places. I'm quite sure that most Native Americans didn't think of themselves as the aggressor through most of the 19th Century.

• Valis
    Valis

I think Saddam needs to go, even though I don't like George Bush or his approach to foriegn policy...I guess the worst thing it the loss of Iraqi life, the possible loss of US and other allied forces lives, and the environmental damage in the event of more burning oil wells..all that is no bueno por caca..As far as the hightened terro threat..I ain't ascared..The terrorists don't need more excuses to do what they will inevitably do...they may make a more concerted effort when one of the last bastions of anti American sentiment goes away, but even if we didn't attack there are still plenty O' kooks out there who need nothing other than a megalomaniacal cleric and a distorted version of the Koran to continue and justify terrorist acts..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• freedom96
    freedom96

No, I do not feel that this war is a fullfillment of any prophecy in any way shape or form. I think some people like to read into things too much.

Saddam is a terrorist, and the United States is going to remove him from power, pure and simple.

I agree with Brummie, that by acting now, we are perhaps saving our childrens lives. I don't know about any of you, but I just assume my child be alive and Saddam dead.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

What really bothers me about this war, is that is has caused a once united country to be divided. This war will not only be fought in Iraq, it will also be fought right here amongst us, the Americans.

• Valis
    Valis

Wildhorses...well at least we have the freedom to dissent...I can argue till I'm blue in the face but that doesn't mean anyone's cronies are going to come and exterminate me and my whole family..Just like the Iraqi scientist who didn't want to meet in private..I wonder too if when a group of people start to get freedom of speech and so forth, do they cherish it or use it more responsibly? I guess this experiment in foriegn policy will take a long time to play out and get to the root of a lot of our questions..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit