How the Society can change anything they want

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

It's been a long time since I last posted here. However in light of recent changes I have thought a bit about things and have come to the conclusion that the society might. .. Use the "evil slave" argument. Let me give an example:

"OK brothers blood transfusions are a conscience matter, "

"How dare you! People have died!"

"Yes it is sad brothers. It was the evil slave of Rutherford and Knorr and Franz that f**D us up. But worry not. We booted Tony Morris. We are the new good slave. Just as 2 Peter says evil men crept in unaware. But that time has past Armageddon is closer and Jesus is refining us."

Niw with a statement like I've shown above I would think legal ramifications regarding issues in changing blood or child abuse issues can be blamed on the evil slave or past leaders. Meanwhile the society goes semi-mainstrean.

Just a thought

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Yes. I've noticed recently that they introduce a scripture perhaps not used before in a certain context.

Then they take an element of the verse they like, and apply it to a new light teaching.

They seem to realise that if they just use even a smidgeon of a verse from the bible, even totally out of context the jw droids will accept their change of thought as Jehovah progressively revealing truth to them

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The sheepees will accept whatever they are told. We have to remember that , to them, the GB are the voice of God On Earth. They would never dare to say, “How dare you” .Also they are clever at manipulating words and scripture to make it seem reasonable. Just like in Orwell’s 1984, “ Whatever the Party holds to be truth, IS truth “

They already watered down the blood issue to accept fractions. They just told the people that if you feel grieved because of past losses , don’t think that way but rejoice that the matter is clarified..

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They would probably present it as new light and imply that Jehovah had his reasons for misleading them all of this time. In the past, they have used the excuse that their incorrect predictions had a beneficial effect. So, even if they were wrong, they did the right thing, and it was proof that god was on their side. If you can get away with that, you are free to make all kinds of changes without worrying about the rank-and-file. They will go along.

The issue is with exJWs and/or worldly courts, which won't be inclined to accept "we meant well" as an excuse.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

Given the videos idolizing Rutherford, I don't believe this current GB would be ready to drop him, much less Freddy Franz, their Bethel Oracle of decades.

What I believe may continue to take place is more vitriol for apostates and warnings to stay away from negative information.

The b0rg is bleeding membership but there was a time in when common medical practice was to bleed the body, apply leaches and use maggots to eat at dying flesh. The GB are leeches and maggots, operating in the 1800s, they'll bleed the membership and try to destroy dissenters to keep their 0rganization under control.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If they’re gonna try and play the “evil slave” card, I’d suggest Jaracz.

It’s his iron-fisted legacy that’s caused most of their problems, anyway.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Because the $heeples are under mind control.

And as long as the Borg can do that,,the society can make them believe anything.

I agree 100% with the others on this thread.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Remember, The Society incl Rutherford and WTS directors were examined by Christ himself in 1919 resulting in their appointment as Faithful Slave. To suggest that they were corrupt is to say Christ was wrong to choose them to represent true religion. JWs cannot afford to unravel all of their exclusivist mythology.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bingo.

That’s why I have trouble imagining that authentic, full-on mainstreaming can truly work in the long run…

…it would have the net effect of neutering everything they held up as “proof” they alone had “the Truth”, up to and including the claim of “God’s Exclusive Earthly Organization”.

Any remaining incentive to stay would be virtually nonexistent.

Case in point; the “Plain Truth” guys.

• EdLogan
    EdLogan

How the Society can change anything they want

Of course, if you watch their story they have affirmed everything and its contrary.

The question remains, who gave them the authority? Nobody did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit