New WTS end date - 2034?

by campaign of hate 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

So i already made an introductory thread where i said hello and mentioned my feelings toward 2034 being the WTS new end date.

We get the year 2034 from Matt 24:37 & Luke 17:26. The WT commented on the "days of Noah" in a QFR article 2010 12/15. where its stated: "It is logical, therefore, to conclude that Genesis 6:3 expresses God’s resolve to end the corrupt system of things on earth. Jehovah issued a judicial decree to do so in 120 years, though Noah was not yet aware of that. But why set a time limit? Why wait?"

The year 2034 is calculated from 1914 (WT belief of the beginning of Christs presence) + 120 years mentioned in the article above.
    Every time these two scriptures are quoted in the WT from now on, i am going to come back to this thread and post my observations regarding the subject matter which these two scriptures are inserted.
    Perhaps this is a bit overkill if not slightly obsessive to do this. But I truly feel all other Doctrines and beliefs could be tied up to this date in 20 years time, without them ever actually mentioning the date. Without mentioning the date specifically will allow them to mess around with 1914 to potentially 1934 only after 2034 has come and gone. It allows them to mess around with the Generation teaching also; How they will, remains to be seen.
    I would love to hear what you all have to say on the subject.
  • a watcher
    a watcher
    If 2034 is the new end date, I won't have to worry about it. I'll be long dead by then.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

I wouldn't doubt the GB would go this route. After all, the potential mental gymnastics to come up with 2034 shouldn't be hard for most followers victims to follow...they've been practicing the moves for years with the 607 BS.

In the meantime, 2034 has great significance to me. (See video below.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViKkjSzdwL4

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It certainly wouldn't be surprising.  The current GB has likely all but forgotten the 1975 fiasco (I think sanderson would've been all of 10 years old) and probably the lessons learned along with it.  In 10 years or so the GB will probably include a few more guys that have forgotten 1975, or weren't around at that time. If they've all bought into the lie that it was a few JWs that were overzealous with their speculation, it would be awfully tempting to start implying that 2034 is the new date.

Also, I think the JWs could really use a new end-times prediction.  In the near term it'll get everyone amped up again (which will bring in the cash) and in the long term it'll clear out the fence-sitters (who probably aren't giving money anyway) which will allow consolidation of KHs (more cash coming in).  Then, after it's all said and done, there will be left a fiercely loyal group of core followers who will actually be more convinced than ever of the divinity of the GB by the whole thing because it will be just too costly to admit that they've devoted all their time and resources to false prophets.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Some evangelists who look to Israel becoming a nation as a sign, also see 2034 as the beginning of the third day since Jesus death and resurrection in 33 CE.

Each day being a thousand years, 2034 is the beginning of the third millennium. 

• hoser
    hoser
    That's 19 years from now.  We won't hear anything about it for another 10 years or so.  Have to keep things urgent for the sheeples. 
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The GB 2.0 will never ever say another date for the end...too many mistakes have been made in the past but most dubs are unaware of it but if it happened again then it would wake up lots...2034 is plausible if the GB were still like the older members but they have all died.

Tight pants Tony and crew will never say 2034...they would have too much to lose...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think there is a plan to roll out 2034 doctrines if the membership and donations get too low.

They really would expect a smaller following in 2035 if they do this, so they will wait until the following will be smaller anyway before trying it.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Nahhhhhh, I think they'll just stick with "Soooooooooooon!!"
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    have any prophecies/dates or doctrinal prophecies ever come true?...after 30 years in I struggle to think of anything that has come true...in the end it comes down to 'expectation postponed makes the heart sick'....true,..very true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit