Why do some of you get so worked up over this, JW's control relies on lack

by Its so simple 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

One more thing, I in no way mean to trivialize the pain of anyone. I feel sad for all the pain the WT has caused and continues to cause. They are just one in a long line before them and no doubt after them. My spouse( < intentionally vauge ) has made the same argument about how mad - has become. - came into the B org early in life, me late. I have seen how the power and the pain is stronger the earlier it came to affect you in life.

As far as thinking people are idiots. That is unkind to say, I think people are generally trusting and good. If someone wants to exploit that, it doesn't make that person and idiot because they were victim 'izable'. It makes this 'real life' plain and simple. The best we can do is try to avoid things like that, but when they do, try to learn from them. Life is too short to not move on as quick as we can.

Someone also said, "empty the mental hospitals with that thinking". Give me a break. I'm not claiming that persons with clinical issues can be cured by shouting "get over it!" at them. Conversly, they will not be helped by people who have no professional training in the area of their particular abuse/problem.

Don't vilanize me, if ANYONE felt comfortable with me and talked with me about their problems & pain, I would "weep with those who weep" and go on to offer whatever comfort I could for your pain. I wouldn't use it as a soap box to air my own laundry.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Farkel said:
    "So you are basically saying that people are idiots, and it's ok for people to take advantage of that?"

I don't think he was saying that. But ALOT of people ARE idiots and people DO take advantage of that. That's just a fact of life. It's not ok but it happens and it will always happen.

• reporter
    reporter

as if red highlighting everything you say makes you greater and more credible than your average newbie

It's annoying. You can speak normal, you know. It's quite simple.

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Font/color.

Since I started the thread I thought I would make it easy to identify my answers/comments. But thank you for the, no doubt, well intentioned advice just the same. Do you see the irony in feeling free to comment on a choice as trivial as font color and yet you condemn the WTBS doing the same thing in peoples lives? Who's the newbie. If you are going to leave it behind, leave it ALL behind.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Comparing the suggestion of font colour,to WBTS demanding people do as they`re dam well told?..Very simple indeed..Actually F@&king Stupid!..Duh!!..LOL!...OUTLAW

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Are you verbally abusive with everyone you know? Or am I just 'special'. I think not.

• reporter
    reporter

Since I started the thread I thought I would make it easy to identify my answers/comments.

It's so simple(ton)!... Your answers/comments are easily identified...they're the inane, simplistic ones. No need to change your font/color for those.

• Its so simple
    Its so simple

Your reasoning is so sound, how can I reply? I know, .

I welcome any thoughts from those of you who have something of merit to say. I have some good feedback so far, but any comments refining my thinking are welcome. The rest I think I'll just ignore from here on, little too much bloated sense of personal insight on the part of some. I don't claim to have all the answers. Any serious discussion on the points I have espressed I welcome.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, Flame On

Don't villainize me

I wouldn't use it as a soap box to air my own laundry.

too much bloated sense of personal insight on the part of some

You don’t think comments like these are angry and confrontational?

But you are going to get NOWHERE when there is no one in authority who is directly responsible for policy.

…so Jesus was wasting his time trashing the temple court then? After all, he should have known the Pharisees would find their own way to take Him out. And they did, in their own way. Too bad Jesus refused to stay “buried”. I say, the same for shouting out the failings of the WTS. One of the measures that the United Nations uses for quality of life is freedom of the press. Tyrannical regimes have more trouble keeping in power if their failings are easily found out and communicated. I say, shout it from the rooftops!

I am not “out”, and I have never been “in”. There is no past for me to “get over”. Nevertheless, the WTS affects my life every day. As long as the WTS hurts people, I will fight back. Not hatefully, but truthfully. If this truth doesn’t hurt the WTS, why are they so adamant about keeping the “faithful sheep” as far away from the internet as they can?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey its so simple,actually there`s nothing special about you at all..We get retards on this board all the time,who would like nothing better than for all of us to just be silent and go away..WBTS would especialy like it..No more WBTS scandels constantly shoved in they`re face.No support for people who want to leave,kept isolated from others who have done the same..If you could stop us the way you`d like to,you`d be a big hero with the WBTS.They might even give you a job..You could help JR Brown count pediphiles,while you polish his head,LOL!..So far he`s counted 23,000..The idiot say`s he`s on a learning curve.. Maybe you could be his number #2 idiot,you`ve certainly showed your worthiness on this board,LOL!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit