PORTUGAL: Petition to terminate the legal entity of the Jehovah's Witness gets national news coverage

by EdenOne 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

The petition is now going on 537 signatures.

Today the newspaper "Diário de Notícias", the leading non-tabloid newspaper in the country, gave the story front page coverage and a full page to the article inside.

Here are the links to the pictures of the pages:

Front Page:

Page 6 and article:

Online edition.

In the meantime, another independent online news outlet also picked up the story.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Good job Eden!!

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

great news.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

"Expresso", the most prestigious weekly newspaper in Portugal, on its daily online press review, also references this petition:

http://expresso.sapo.pt/revista-de-imprensa/2018-03-05-Peticao-exige-extincao-da-Associacao-das-Testemunhas-de-Jeova

• poopie
    poopie

Keep going Eden nothing can stop you your all the way up.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

644 signatures

The discussions with the Watchtower apologists on the comments section of the newspaper have been most enlightening for the observers, who have been signing the petition just out of seeing the blatant displays of intolerance written there.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

689 signatures

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

the outcome will affect us all

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

311 signatures to reach 1000 .... that would make mandatory that the petitioners to be heard at the Parliament.

• Searril
    Searril

I clicked a couple links but none were translated. Can someone give me a brief synopsis of the justification being presented?

It's not my country so I don't really have a say, but even with my personal loathing of the Watchtower this kind of stuff bothers me. I'm a big free speech guy and it would be hard for me to personally support something that goes against that.

Again, I know it's not my country and I have no voice there, but I just think education and spreading awareness are the ways you really stamp out evil hate-cults like the Watchtower.

Maybe I just don't understand the nature of the petition so someone please correct me if so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit