Going where the "Need is Great"

by OUTLAW 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

Well!!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to keep you in suspense, so here goes, Unc. LSS (Long Story Short):

Dad picked a town in the same state that had had a congregation. The congo had been dissolved. Fortunately, this was the same country etc., so culture shock issues were not applicable.

He found one discouraged sister (who had pIONEERED) who lived in the largest town in that county. There was also an elderly couple at quite a distance from the town. This couple was best described by an old favorite term of the WTS in those days: INFIRM.

So, with this great collection to start with, Dad bought some property, got a job and started holding occasional meetings in some rented halls and local lodges.

HOLD ONTO YER HATS!!!! He actually got a CIRCUS TENT and held TENT MEETINGS FOR A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!

Some time later, he had built a couple of small rental business fronts for himself. So, one of them became the KH for a while. The "Contribution Box" sometimes yielded something resembling RENT!!!!

Dad evangelized the health out of the local flora & fauna. He also scoured assemblies & conventions for others willing to move to the area.

There was a significant population of transient people moving through the town because of a local industry; letter-writing to and from Brooklyn managed to get information on people passing through. Relatives of these migrants would track them down and ask if there was a congo nearby. Brooklyn would pass the referrals on, now that the congo was reforming.

Sound familiar??? JW's invented networking BEFORE THE WEB & BEFORE AL GORE!!!!!

(I am being purposely vague for security purposes: names have been changed to protect the guilty. God helps the innocent

During these days, there was much dispute and strife over lack of qualified servants. In some cases, SISTERS were appointed as "ACTING SERVANTS". Varied opinions caused some real grief here. Heck, I believe that Adam even had some concerns with this facet of the Theocraptik arrangement.

The attendance gradually picked up, with all this attention. So, then the congo moved into something slightly larger in rental property.

About this time, several people moved in who were much more qualified as servants than Dad. Soon trouble was a brewing!!! This is where I learned JW POLITIX!!!!!! Oh, the dirt of the "back-room" knows no end

So, after a while Dad was "passed over" by flashy new talent on the scene. Oh, the struggle with the Corporate Ladder has been ever present, all the way back to Moses, it seems.

Well, today there are 6 congo's in that area, with probably a 100 or so pUBLISHER's each. Passed over or not, Dad still bitterly pounds his chest as the "founder " of all this.

Which brings things to me "bailing out": how could he tolerate that? He didn't; so he ha ranted, raved, preached, cajoled, manipulated, LIED, tricked, schemed and so on for nearly 30 years to drag me back to "the TROOF(tm)" kicking and screaming.

What did I learn? Firstly, HONESTY, from a dishonest Borg and a likewise dishonest father. I got blindsided on that one.

Secondly, in JW-land POLITIX RULES!!!!!!

Thirdly, you can't appease a bully and get anywhere. And overzealous JW parent's eventually become bullies. I finally had to tell him to "go pound sand....".

So, I have moved cross country several times, disconnected from the Dubs and met a wonderful Asian princess. Refreshingly, she has NO CONCEPT OF WESTERN RELIGION!!!!!

Who knows, Unc, we could tour Oz on one of our excursions!!!

Mustang

Designing a 30 Year 'postate Pin Class

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Uncle Bruce,"Where the weed is great?"..LOL!..You must be a real character in person.If we met up,we`d probably never stop laughing..>>>Hey mouthy,I can`t count how many people gave up a better position,because WBTS said armageddon was coming..Then they go and cancel it?..LOL!..>>>Hey berlblue,sssssssooooo what did you buy..beer?..>>>Hey MoeJoJoJo,parents just don`t understand what they put their kids through,in that crazy religion.It`s much tougher on the kids than it is on the adults..>>>Hey MacHislopp,nice of you to stop by.Happy your enjoying the thread..>>>Hey Eric,funny story.Not much point preaching to a man who looks like he should be buried,LOL!..>>>Hey Maverick,thats quite a story.I know of a lot of dubs that went to help out congragations,but not that many who started them....Thanks for the posts guys,so many good storys...OUTLAW

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thankyou brrother Mustang!

that was brilliant. (and you're a very funny guy lol) I'd like to invite everyone of you mad bastards over for a big southern apostafest one day. (a blokes gotta dream

cheers, unc

==

!..You must be a real character in person

hey OUTLAW i am a real person!! .. oh dear i'm writing all big like you now! how the freak#$% 'd that happen??

just when i was gonna ask you to shrink yer print size and put parragraph breaks in for me

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Uncle Bruce,paragraph breaks?..LOL!..I have tried everything to make a paragraph break on this friggin dinasour of a computer..Cut and paste would save a bit of time too..There is a school near by that teach`s computer coarses..Guess who`s going..I would just love to now how to make this thing really work....Any one who uses the 12pt print will turn into me,you are one of my first clones..Soon I shall rule the world,Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!...OUTLAW

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

That's great news Outlaw .. me too .. I'm into my third week of a computer course .. i'm learing heaps and will soon be able to talk with Farkel about big RAM bites and little bit chips and stuff .. by time i'm through these computer nerds won't know what hit 'em!

goodluck bro .. i'm off to the harbour city for the weekend whooo hooo (i'll be meeting the big guns of australian wildlife management .. do you believe they want me to help with the formation of policy? .. singing ..."life is just a dream ..."

• mustang
    mustang

Why, thank ye, Unc. You are most generous. Perhaps someday Dragon Lady and I will venture that way.

So, what kind of wild life do you tend? 2-legged or 4-legged???

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

Why, thank ye, Unc. You are most generous. Perhaps someday Dragon Lady and I will venture that way.

So, what kind of wildlife do you tend? 2-legged or 4-legged???

Mustang

• mustang
    mustang

So, what kind of wildlife do you tend? 2-legged or 4-legged???

Mustang

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

My aunt and uncle left sunny Los Angeles to be needgreaters in Manhattan, Kansas. This is a one horse town that doesn't even have a shopping mall. They're a novelty because they are the only African-Americans in their cong. My aunt loves it.

My sister asked the society where she should go to serve, because she's a sign language interpreter/pioneer. They gave her some little town in Tennesee for her needgreater experience. She went there and found a roach-infested apartment (all she could afford) and found a job paying minimum wage. The elders at the cong went on to tell her that they didn't need her and that she could go back home. The PO told her that the society doesn't run things in their cong. Well, she stayed on anyway, and lost her job. Now, she works as a housekeeper, making about $75 a week and she's living with someone's family. Also interesting to note, a middle aged (around 50) elder decided that he wanted to marry my sister (she's 27). She resisted his advances and the elder then proceeded to bad mouth her to another young man who was interested in her. The whole thing ended up in a committee meeting. I'm not sure what happened, seeing that my sis shuns me (except when she needs money). Anyhoo, she's still in Tennessee, but guess where she's planning to go next - Hawaii! She's broke as a joke too...Ah well, as long as she's happy...

Tiffany

• Balaamsass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit