If anyone ever makes the claim that they don't focus on Money ALL the time...

by HiddenPimo 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

They still read ab accounts report but it is only monies in box, expenses with no breakdown, and amount in WWW box

Used to be amount in then broken down as ututies, rent or mortgage,

• tiki
    tiki

But really...isn't it in Isaiah that all the gold and all the silver belongs to God? So why would he want or need human $$ which is basically a means of exchange? And why is it that it is said God is a spirit and you must worship in spirit and truth? No mention of your bank account. Further...what about the worlds destitute population? They must really be doomed. If it takes $$$ those promoted to paradise will have to be exclusively from the well-heeled .....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is good for any religion, the Jobos included

• zeb
    zeb

For years the wt has hammered higher education so for years the many have only gravitated to s*** jobs with menial pay this must correspond therefore to a diminished funding base.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Like Catholic indulgences......

• blondie
    blondie

PON, I so loved George Carlin, in all his embodiments. Thanks to youtube for helping keep him alive.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    “Only Jehovah God and his Son can receive someone into the heavenly Kingdom or the Paradise on earth under that Kingdom. We should diligently cultivate friendship with them by using what material riches we have in supporting Kingdom interests”

Like so many I was surprised/shocked at that. However, I checked it against the old 1991 "Greatest Man" book and it was word for word the same back then. Guess I was just coasting then!
    George

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"....and she's buying a stairway, to heaven "

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZEB:

Yes, it stands to reason that people with poor education have to settle for lesser paid jobs.

There are probably two reasons IMO they can’t get much $ from these people:..one, these people can’t afford it;..two, it’s payback because many of these JWs cannot afford to retire and are working backbreaking jobs well into their seventies!

I always suspected that the religion’s stand against college was simple vanity. Probably elders and COs had verbal encounters with educated Witnesses in congregations and were threatened by it. So...the religion made ‘rules’ against college education..They are not interested if the average JW can pay their bills..They only want obedient dummies who will tolerate anything sitting in kingdom halls.

It serves them RIGHT that they got what they got:..intelligent people fleeing the religion in droves, others passing away with the only ones left being the needy and dysfunctional.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit