My Disfellowshipped Window Washer Is Going Back To Meetings Because Of The

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I was at a public talk and the speaker said that when the rain drop hit you on the head it was too late to get on the ark because the door had been shut for 7 days.

If he is trying to get back in the congregation ("ark") because he believes the "flood" is starting, he is too late according to the WTS. As soon as he realizes it is only a spring shower, he'll be back at his old habits.

Blondie

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I agree with Mouthy, but just in case , I am hanging on to her leg and maybe she can convince Jesus to save me too........

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    War....He said Bible prophecies are obviously being fulfilled and since war is imminent, it's time to get back into the "truth".

Wow, how nostalgic. "Bible prophecies are obviously being fulfilled." Just like when:

• World War I started.
    • World War II started.
    • World War II ended.
    • The Russians launched Sputnik.
    • The Viet Nam war escalated.
    • Students protested the Viet Nam war.
    • The Viet Nam War ended.
    • Gerry Ford promised "Truth, peace and security" when President Nixon resigned.
    • A non-Italian Pope was elected.
    • Begin and Sadat concluded the Middle East peace treaty.
    • 1984 marked 70 years from 1914.
    • The UN declared 1986 the International Year of Peace.
    • The Soviet Union fell apart.
    • The first Gulf war started.
    • 1994 marked 80 years from 1914.
    • Terrorists flew airplanes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Yep, them Bible prophecies coming hot and heavy now - Armageddon must be really close!

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

These people must think that God is a chump if they think they can fool Him by not living by his rules unless there's threat of death upon them. And when that threat surfaces then they whip themselves into a frenzy trying to make up for lost time, trying to impress God. I don't know of any PERSON that would fall for that, do they really think GOD would fall for it?

• acsot
    acsot

NeonMadman stole my thought !! My parents lived through WWII, my dad was a soldier in the Canadian Armed Forces and my mother worked in a munitions factory during the war. At the time neither were JWs, they didn't believe the world was coming to an end, they didn't go to church any more often than before but they did know they had a job to do before Hitler's horrid little world would end. Almost 60 years later (wow!) and the window-washer thinks Jehovah's using a war against Saddam as the prelude to the big A? Methinks this guy must be fairly young, and/or not a very good student of history.

• neyank
    neyank

Why, oh why, oh why do some, that know the WTS to be a fraud, decide to go back to that fraud when they think the sky is about to fall?

Is it because the only thing the WTS ever preached about was the end of this system of things?

And they claim that the only way God might, just may, there's a very slight chance that He will not totaly anihilate, obliterate, and make the person have one heck of a bad day, is to be at WTS meetings, be out in FS declairing to the public that God will destroy you if you don't become a JW?

Do these people (no offense intended) think God is so stupid that He will use a group that has lied in His name, protected pedophiles in His name, condemned inocent people in His name,made false predictions in His name, has caused some to loose their lives needlessly and have suffered needlessly in His name?

There are a lot of 'END TIMES' cults around.
    Shall we just close our eyes and pick one to belong to because the 'END' might be here?

That is exactly what those that go back to the WTS are doing!

They have proven beyond a doubt that they are false prophets.
    Btw. What do the scriptures say about false prophets?

neyank

• minimus
    minimus

As much as I don't want to see anyone needlessly become a JW, I must say that this person's life is so chaotic and without boundaries that he does need some type of structure. Plus, he's not the brightest bulb in the sky. He is self-destructive and obsessive/compulsive and guilty. I think that if he doesn't change his life dramatically, he'll wind up dead someday. But, I do believe that if there's a sudden end to the war, his base instincts will once again take over.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

People go back because they have the "what-if" engrained into them so deeply that they can't shake it. That's part ofhow I joined. "What if there is a war and I die because I made the wrong choice? Better safe than sorry." That's part of the brain washing technique...always making you second guess yourself and have to rely on them as a just-in-case scenario.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Why, oh why, oh why do some, that know the WTS to be a fraud, decide to go back to that fraud when they think the sky is about to fall?

I think that one factor is that, in such times, people have a tendency to turn to religion or to God. Not only Kingdom Halls, but churches of all sorts experienced temporary increases in attendance after 9/11/01. Since, to a JW, the organization is synonymous with God, they turn to the organization. Additionally, the WTS has so successfully demonized all other religions as being of the devil, that even a JW who has seen through a lot of the lies and deceptions will still turn back to them, simply because he believes there is nowhere else to go.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

We were never told it was a DEFINITE that we would be saved ...it was always that "MAY be saved" that they could fall back on. There aint no atheists in them foxhole halls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit