I'm not alone in the congregation, after all

by ohnightdivine 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I can now say that I'm not alone to know TTATT in my congregation, after all.

I have come to know that my close friend is awake, even without me sharing the TTATT with him/her. On one of our recent conversations I mentioned about being tired and no longer being uplifted anymore, and my friend then told me he/she was feeling the same. I don't know how it happened but we knew we could trust each other. And so we started to talk about some observations in the teachings and in the actions of the WT.

Now my friend is going through a rough period because of TTATT, more especially since majority of their family are JWs. This friend is extremely intelligent and I am happy to know that he/she has finally awakened. But the situation is tough and we both told each other that we may return to being active JWs, but he/she said that that would be possible but then the TTATT is already out.

For the sake of protecting my friend I cannot disclose much more, but I feel a great sense of relief, although I am very sorry to see him/her distressed over this realization. Last week we just spent hours talking about our observations and experiences. We talked about cognitive dissonance, etc. He/she is much smarter than I am, a good person at heart, and I hope that he/she is able to take care of him/herself esp. during this time. This friend said that he/she talked to the siblings about it and was able to gauge that they are already aware of the faults and shortcomings of the org. They are just PIMI because of the family. We promised each other that no matter what happens, we will support each other, and we will not shun each other because it is not the right thing to do.

• Fognomore
    Fognomore

You have a true friend.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Kind of a bit sad but there now thousands of people who are starting to realize the WTS/JWS was really a commercalized fraud perpetrated by operators of a publishing house and that its top leaders were not preaching a true Gospel according to scripture.

To many dismay the WTS was very much a false prophet.

Jehovah was never with this organization guiding or supporting it.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

ohnightdivine, it makes a huge difference when even one person believes you or shares your thoughts. I'm glad you found that person.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Here here john.prestor.

I have found three where I am and it makes a world of difference, especially with your own state of mind and seeing a brighter future over the jw dung hill.

jtg

p.s. Yes ohnightdevine I'm there with you......other side of the planet but nonetheless parallel. keep up the good work, it is worth it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That`s good news ,you both can support each on a personal face to face level .

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I hoped for a very long time to find someone nearby who can relate to me.. it really makes a huge difference!

I'm here to listen to him/her through this distressing period. I also told him/her that if he/she is curious about other WT matters, info is readily available online. I won't tell which site, I won't say this forum, but I know that this friend can figure out many other things in due time. I just don't want to be the one to shove everything to him/her. We both don't want to be labelled as *you know what*.

Anyhow, I hope more people wake up to The Truth About The Truth.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

That's god news ohnightdivine. Good that you finally have someone to talk to and that he/she and their siblings are all awake but trapped in because it suggests there are thousands like this. Just one big child abuse court case or similar and they might all be out.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

They are aware about the child abuse cases... and other things going on. The biggest concern for them is the "harmony" within their families.

Since this is one of the most complicated problems a JW would ever face, I think there is no sense to tell my friend what is right or wrong. He/she knows it already and may very well be just waiting until the right time to leave arrives..

Either way, to all the lurkers here, you are not alone in this journey.

Warm regards

OND

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

OND - I am so glad that you have found a friend to support you in the JW wilderness. As you both progress with your fade, don't make statements to other JW's, just pose questions. Get them to think about what the answer should be.

You have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit