Paradise Earth

by kingdomseeker 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Kingdomseeker, welcome to the board.

I'm new here (NOT a baptized JW) and was just wondering about those in here who are against the JWs. Does it mean you no longer wish to live in the Kingdom that Jesus Christ preached about -- the Paradise Earth conditions before Adam and Eve sinned?

There are probably hundreds of thousands of posts on this site. It might have been worthwhile for you to read a few of them before posting here. The best way to find out what we think, after all, is to read what we have written here. I don't think you'll find that many people have left the JWs because they don't want to live in paradise, but rather because they didn't believe what the WTS was teaching.

... Does it mean you all now believe what Christendom teaches about the Future -- Heaven & Hell? .... So, ... I guess you anti-JWs think that JWs and those other Religions who disagree with your Faith, ... will all go to Hell, so to speak?

Again, reading a few posts would have been beneficial here. I think most people here have become less judgemental since leaving the JWs, although some do still have a "my way or the highway" mentality.

I find it simply amazing how a JW who has already learned about all the "common-sense" Bible Truths

Perhaps they only seem like common sense because you haven't been exposed to opposing arguments. I find it amazing that so many JWs are willing to bet their lives on bizarre teachings that they refuse to investigate.

-- can find it in their hearts to now "shun" Jehovah.

You're doing a typical JW thing here, you're making it about "heart condition" and motivation. My motivation is the pursuit of truth. And to some extent I have the WTS to thank for that. JWs think I rejected the truth. I didn't. They rejected it the day they stopped looking for it.

... Although, let's not forget these Scriptures:

OK, but don't forget these ones either:

Deuteronomy 18: 20,21

20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."
    21 You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?" 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

Luke 21:8

8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

• azaria
    azaria

My motivation is the pursuit of truth. - funkyderek

To both KingdomSeeker & SwordOfJah:

I have to say your posts upset me, not for myself but for you. God loves us all. Nothing we do will give us salvation. Through the Holy Spirit we change and then do good works. Sinning is a struggle each and every day for all of us. As for the end times, who knows when that will happen. Next year, in a hundred, a thousand years, no one knows but God. We don’t need to worry about the time. I trust and believe in God. He is in charge. The church I attend is accepting of everyone. We are all at different stages of spiritual growth. In a sense I’m still a toddler. No question is too stupid, (God knows what we’re thinking anyway - who are we trying to kid) and the fellowship is wonderful. We laugh, and we also cry if someone is going through pain (this is a womens group) and we support each other through it. When I questioned if Jesus was real a few years ago I quit going to church for quite a while. They patiently prayed for me (I never knew this till recently) I studied on my own because I so wanted the truth (I even looked into the JW faith - but found it to be wrong - compare the King James to the New World Translations - they are very different) and finally I can say that I believe and trust in God. My life has changed so much (yes I still have my struggles but it’s much easier to bear) Please don’t belittle other peoples beliefs. You both sound very young and very angry. Hopefully you will both stay and realize that there are many good (not evil) people on this board

Use the brain that God gave you and you might be surprised at what the truth really is. - Nina

so those on this board that believe in the Bible do not shun Jehovah, we dislike "The Society". Do you see the difference?] -StinkyPants

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit