Large Increase in Trolley Witnessing

by The Searcher 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When the Org implements its Bethelite "genocide" and demotes many members of the "Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses" into lowly Regular Pioneers, many more trollies will have to be found in order for such ones to rack up their required monthly hours.

How many are actually going to be shocked by this into waking up?

• All for show
    All for show

The shocking part will be removal of fancy bethelite title, with insult that they weren't good enough to be kept.... On top of it... The waking up won't come until they have to get a job! The horror! A worldly boss, working for $10 an hour?! If they're lucky. Then....they will be asked and part of the collective to donate! Oh my gosh....once they get a paycheck with taxes withheld....

all their sputtering about being spiritual and putting the kingdom first, met with the reality of supporting themselves. I see more hate and anger directed at those who went to college and used their own mind to reason about the future.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I would think the org would manipulate ways to stretch hours, and make it easier to appear there is growth. The carts are a good example of this. Instead of grueling door to door, just stand and drink coffee, and take selfies for 8 hours. Shit, if they had this when I was a teenager I probably would have got a lot more hours lol , lets be honest though, no I wouldn't.

What I wonder, is a lot of super zealous people find an hour "out" in what used to be the RBC, RDC, and now LDC. I know because my pioneer spouse used to rack up her hours doing medial work for the RBC in new york city. It was quite the supplementation to her hours, also many other pioneers did likewise. I mean wouldn't you rather count your jesus panda petting points that way instead of pissing people off at the door?

But with the construction rumors, a lot of people could be losing their hour piggy bank. They will have to go in real service more now. I expect they are going to make it easier and easier to count hours from here going forward. Lets face it, if this was our grandparents cult, the hours would not be so much. They busted their asses.

On a side note, once my wife was so excited for making her time for the year, two of our elders, (one of which was a heavy at bk bethel) came to her and said basically she counted to much of her time in RBC, and she didn't make her time. She was utterly crushed. I felt so bad for her, and disgusted at the petty rules of this cult. Just like jesus would have done right?

• KateWild
    KateWild

I was the opposite to you and your wife, freemind, I was well and truly committed to preaching.

I loved it. I had multiple students and used to get my time in no problem. Street work was great.

But sadly it's all nonesense so I can't preach it now.

Amazing how things change but stay the same

Kate xx

• Half banana
    Half banana
    As Jesus said "Above all else, get your hours in".
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just think of all the trolleys that will need to be purchased by the friends! Perhaps there could be special deluxe trolleys, alloy wheels with decorative frames for the ex-Bethelites? You know, something to denote their stature??

DD

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

working for $10 an hour?! I see more hate and anger directed at those who went to college

or maybe even envy? .....screw this $10 job - i'm going back to school!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if many of these ex-Bethel folks have been living in the bubble of Bethel life and fondly imagine that the "Preaching" work was actually effective as an ordinary Publisher/Pioneer.

The reality may hit them hard, they may realise they are actually totally wasting valuable time that they could use to earn some money.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    The Bethelites that are young with just a few years in should be able to bounce back fairly quickly. The biggest burden will be those who have 10, 15 or 20+ years in. They are in for a shock. Life is tough.
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

They can always peddle Raflexidine door-to-door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit