"DO NOT look here! Seriously...just dont!"

by stuckinarut2 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

How do they handle this at the doors? They now go around d2d attempting to show people videos on their devices, door says no thanks but perhaps they have a change of heart and decide to Google jw's. Do the jw's forewarn the doors to pay no attention to any other websites because they are all lying about jw's? That would seem most suspicious to a normal person. I would wonder why there are so many anti witness sites out there that I should be wary of. My first click would not be the .org site they have but all the others first. Then it would be too late because I could not un-see all the tatt. (is it just me or is just plain weird that they actually knock on someone's door and expect them to watch a video?)

It is just so ironic that they go around promoting a website yet don't want anybody looking at any other websites about them! How can a jw take any of this seriously?

• Room 215
    Room 215

Google search engfine = Pandora's Box

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That is a REALLY good point Carla!

I had not thought about it from the standpoint of a householder! You're spot on. Once the JW tells them to go online to "their official site", it's just a matter of time before a normal person clicks to other less flattering sites!

• carla
    carla

My jw frustrates me no end when we have to research something with regards to business and he will literally spend HOURS researching the most mundane thing checking various forums, websites and official sites in regards to a product or its uses but will not spend 5 minutes doing the same when it comes to the wt. But no, he is not brainwashed at all

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I hear you Carla! My very-in Elder father is the same.

I consider him to be a fairly intelligent man in most other areas of life, with the ability to analyse things.....but NOT when it comes to matters of faith and JW stuff in general.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit