"DO NOT look here! Seriously...just dont!"

by stuckinarut2 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OK, so you all looked here??

This thread is prompted by Losch's stupid 'decrees' in the March 2018 broadcast, where he denounced online information that may be 'negative' about the organization.

It strikes me that the GB are SO DUMB!

The MOMENT someone says "DONT look at something", human curiousity will make most people look. Or if they do not look straight away, the idea will at least play in their mind...festering...until they finally look!

So he basically commands all JWs "not to look at or believe anything negative". He tells them "not to trust information about the organization".

Guess what Losch (and your GB cohorts), you have now basically planted the idea in all JWs!

I predict that more and more will awaken now as they find out all the controversies, mistruths, scandals etc of the organization.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Amen my bro amen!

Losch opened up Pandora's box for sure.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Being a mind control cult and all. These guys are their own worst enemy./

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

"The Streisand effect is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet. It is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from them, their motivation to access and spread it is increased.

"It is named after American entertainer Barbara Streisand, whose 2003 attempt to suppress photographs of her residence in Malibu, California, inadvertently drew further public attention to it. Similar attempts have been made, for example, in cease-and-desist letters to suppress files, websites, and even numbers. Instead of being suppressed, the information receives extensive publicity and media extensions such as videos and spoof songs, often being widely mirrored on the Internet or distributed on file-sharing networks."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever
    Unfortunately there are still those who will not look at anything other than the borg site for fear of Satan taking over their brains.
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

This thread is prompted by Losch's stupid 'decrees' in the March 2018 broadcast, where he denounced online information that may be 'negative' about the organization.

Can somebody please download this ?

I think it`s great news , curiosity is a normal trait of human thinking and if someone is telling me not to investigate something my immediate thought is what do they not want me to know ?

So the first thing I do is look at what they don`t want me to see. Bingo I see TTATT

Unfortunately there are still those who will not look at anything other than the borg site for fear of Satan taking over their brains.

I think that applies mainly to old timers and not so much with the younger generation of JW`s of today .

I tend to believe that the biggest exodus of JW`s is going to come from the younger generation in the near future.

Maybe you can`t teach an old dog new tricks however the younger generation are a different kettle of fish with the new technology of information /internet etc.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Plus, because of the taboo of looking at apostate material, anyone who does look at it is immediately cut off, mentally, from other JWs, because they can't discuss with others what they found. Or they can only do so extremely cautiously. So it creates a barrier between people who've considered apostate ideas and those who haven't. Or between everyone in fact, including between two people who have both considered apostate ideas, but can't talk to each other about it, or are not aware the other person has the same thoughts as them. Watchtower is everywhere about creating barriers between people. Which is a shame because their teachings on race equality and anti-war have great potential for breaking down barriers.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Or.. maybe loesch is pimo... and said it deliberately

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I see another irony in their words, given that they claim to be champions of the Bible:

21Also, do not pay attention to everything that people say;
    otherwise, you might even hear your servant cursing you.
    22For you know in your own heart
    that you also have cursed others many times. (Eccl 7:21-22 NET)
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

When someone looks at these forbidden fruits (TTATT) and falls prey to cognitive dissonance, it might appear as if it's indeed a "sign" from above and that Lösch's word are indeed spirit-directed through god's only true organisation on earth. A JW might even feel privileged and blessed when he interprets the cognitive dissonance as a direction from the holy spirit and proof of god's love. I remember how I struggled and had to bite through the pain and confusion in 2015 during the ARC hearings. Instead of following the mantra "Wait on Jehovah" I had this very strong gut-feeling that the outcome of this eclectic journey had everything to do with integrity and reliability of the WT organisation and would confirm who really was lying. I took the red pill and survived...

Darn, ain't the human mind a miracle of complexity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit