So what happens next...

by Farmer Jim1 62 Replies latest jw friends

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

The org has made a killing in property investment over the decades. I wonder how much of their income these days comes from property and shares?

The gb has set up the org now that the average dub must be starting to feel less invested - black screens on zoom, ticking a box for reporting hours. Its turning into nothing more than a social club that watches videos while sporting the latest hipster beards.

No more quick builds to bring people together, witnessing fading into the background, half full Kingdom halls. It is a recipe that would seem to equal less donations in the future , so they must be counting on other revenue streams to survive.

• Scully
    Scully

Having left over 25 years ago, I can proudly say that so many of us were ahead of the times!

Cheers to Circling the Drain!

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

The gb has set up the org now that the average dub must be starting to feel less invested - black screens on zoom, ticking a box for reporting hours. Its turning into nothing more than a social club that watches videos while sporting the latest hipster beards.

Yes it is a social club sporting latest beards. There are no sacrifices nothing hard about being physically in. If you don’t want to go to social club meet ups then stay on zoom. If you feel like going to the meet ups then go right ahead, and talk more freely than ever before. Question everything and go back to re -examine everything you were told

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if the move toward being able to report some probably fictional "Witnessing" will spell the end of the door to door work ??

I presume at present they still have Meetings for Field Service, but if these become so poorly attended, because nearly every JW hates D to D, they will drop those F.S arrangements ?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The meeting for service is a detracting. It has to be individual groups so you are stuck with the same few. The old book study was actually the foundation with it's lesser formality and snacks. That is contradictory in a way.

The hipster beards??? Most brothers are so developmentally suppressed they grow stubble, neck beards, or an unflattering cut. Don't forget the old guard who quietly still hate (dirty in their minds) beards but can't say so

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Don't forget the old guard who quietly still hate (dirty in their minds) beards but can't say so..

Yes, I was thinking about that - you could now have old fart brothers and sisters pulled into the back room and warned for murmuring about brothers who now have beards..

Crazy!!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It'll collapse the same way someone goes bankrupt - a little at first and then all at once.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

There is such a shortage of brothers midweek now they are having sisters take the group and say prayers

how things have changed

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Ron.W. - “…you could now have old fart brothers and sisters pulled into the back room and warned for murmuring about brothers who now have beards…”

I’d seriously pay cash money to see that.

😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    MeanMrMustard - “…a little at first and then all at once.”
    Isn’t that how Enron went?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit