Bad things happen in spiritual paradise

by wannaexit 15 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
  • wannaexit
  • Barrold Bonds
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Yeah, I saw this on Dateline just about a week and half ago or so. JW's are no different than anyone else for the most part. Yeah, there are some pretty nice ones. But they can snap, just like anyone else.
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    @Barrolds glad you are all up-to-date. I only watched it today.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think many JWs are convinced that "the truth" has the miraculous ability to change people. The reality is that JWs are no different than people in other religions, or even people in no religion. You can brainwash people into going to all the meetings, doing the study, going out in service, even earnestly praying to God, but it doesn't change what people are, not really.

Most people have a tendency to minimize their bad behavior and justify it in their own mind, but then there are some people who are just evil and it doesn't matter how many hours they spend at the Kingdom Hall, they are going to do what they are going to do. The sad part is they usually get away with it because most JWs live in denial and don't recognize evil when they see it because it wears a suit and says all the right things. That's why child molesters get away with it so often and for so long.

• smiddy
    smiddy

wannaexit

Google " Crimes committed by Jehovah`s Witnesses" , you will find that every conceivable crime has been committed by Jehovah`s witnesses in good standing , from petty crimes to murder and everything in between .

I once made this comment to an Elder and his reply was that if they did these crimes they were not really Jehovah`s Witnesses .

I replied , by that reasoning their are no Catholics in jails anywhere either.

.....All I got was a blank stare

smiddy

• steve2
    steve2

Sounds like the mother was "free" to remarry and the JW daughters did not shun her - have I got that part right?

This reflects so badly on the JWs and I get impression none of the "survivors" remain active JWs.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Marked
  • Lieu
    Lieu

I'm surprised doesn't happen more often. Particularly when men are told they pretty much own their wives and wives are told to be submissive like slaves.

Had a case in Maryland some years ago where the husband killed his wife right outside the courthouse after an ex parte hearing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit