Peace vs War

by songmistress 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

NEW SENSE! you ARE a flaming nuisance

Wednesday: Your profound ignorance will never cease to amaze me.

I dont know what your problem is with wednesday but right now it looks like you are stalking her just for the purpose of insulting her. WHY? From where I am sitting its you who looks like a profound ignorant fool! You are carrying your insults over on to this thread just to provoke!

If you cant debate your issues in a sensible manner I suggest you shut the F up as it becomes annoying and everything else you say becomes a noise.

sheesh, your name suits you

Brummie

• songmistress
    songmistress
    Again, what did Iraq have to do with 9/11? It's amazing how thoroughly the administration and the media have conflated these two unrelated issues. Dedalus

Dedalus, that is something I have been wondering too. I have been asking the question "How did we get from Osama binLaden to Saddaam Hussein?". I have no idea how that happened.

>That is the beauty of living in the US, we have the right to choose and the right to hold our own beliefs...

Correction : It *was* , now the US is slowly turning into a police state , where even wearing a T-shirt with a protest against the war is forbidden...

I did say that didn't I. Point well taken Berten. I think I am trying to hold on the original ideals of those who founded this country. "Big Brother" has been slowly taking over. It's a bit like trying to boil a frog alive. If you dump it in a pot of hot water, it will leap out. If you put it in a pot of cold water and slowly raise the heat, it will not notice til it is too late.

• Francois
    Francois

Saddam's implicit threat to release small pox virus into the environment is enough provocation, IMO, to turn Baghdad into a glowing, glass parking lot. It's hard for me to believe that we have reached that point as a culture that we cannot all agree that a madman with biological, chemical, and perhaps nuclear weapons with which he threatens the entire civilized world and its future forever should not be stopped. Unequivocally. Now. Forever. Did we learn nothing from Hitler? From Hirohito? From Stalin? From Mao? From Pol Pot? And from Saddam himself?

It is idealism gone berserk that dictates we allow our love of peace to permit this madman to go about his malignant plans while we wring our hands and hope for the best.

If you had a child with Down Syndrome, would you allow it to play with a loaded pistol?

francois

• JH
    JH
    That is the beauty of living in the US, we have the right to choose and the right to hold our own beliefs...

OK, we all saw peace marches, but I never saw a war march.

I was thinking: If 70% of people want peace for example, that means 30% wants war, so why aren't 30% of marches, war marches.

just thinking

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Non Sense,

P.S. I believe that refusing to fight in W.W. II and subsequent wars was one of the very, very *few* things that the dubs did right!!!

Yes, Im sure Jesus would be quite content with you sitting around with your thumb up your ass while 6 Million Jews got gassed. How Christian.

The nice thing about pacifists is that they are the first ones killed.

• animal
    animal
    OK, we all saw peace marches, but I never saw a war march.

I was thinking: If 70% of people want peace for example, that means 30% wants war, so why aren't 30% of marches, war marches.

Two reasons, as I see it....

1. The press is anti-Bush

2. Most of us have jobs, thus not able to march.

Animal

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Reading thru' this thread it's clear this is a very emotive topic. However, that's no excuse for resorting to insults. Let there be peace on the board at least.

Ozzie

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

"Saddam's implicit threat to release small pox virus into the environment is enough provocation, IMO, to turn Baghdad into a glowing, glass parking lot. It's hard for me to believe that we have reached that point as a culture that we cannot all agree that a madman with biological, chemical, and perhaps nuclear weapons with which he threatens the entire civilized world and its future forever should not be stopped. Unequivocally. Now. Forever. Did we learn nothing from Hitler? From Hirohito? From Stalin? From Mao? From Pol Pot? And from Saddam himself? It is idealism gone berserk that dictates we allow our love of peace to permit this madman to go about his malignant plans while we wring our hands and hope for the best. If you had a child with Down Syndrome, would you allow it to play with a loaded pistol? francois" Are you sure your not talking about bush? Animal, I have a job, so did most the people I saw protesting, in fact I ran into co-workers, guess you people don't get weekends off.

• animal
    animal

Correct.... in this "shitty economy", we have been pulling down 50-60 hours a week.... we work 6-7 days a week. I need more Harley money.

Here in AZ, they had a "support the troops" rally, and one war protestor showed up with a sign, across the street. The press did a 5 minute segment with him and ignored the actual rally. Hell was to be paid after the fact, people got pretty pissed at the local station.

Animal

• Shakita
    Shakita

War or peace. Today is the anniversary of a slaughter. Where does this fit in this black and white question?

http://home.cogeco.ca/~kurdistanobserver/24-7-02-opinion-siamand-halabja.html

This is the fate of any one who comes in Saddam's way. It is a small world. When we say that Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, that might be true. But, remember, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

After reading "The Threatening Storm, the Case for Invading Iraq", I was convinced that Saddam must be taken out sooner rather than later. I am still convinced of that today. I do not think that all the peace marches in the world will make a difference when it comes to Saddam giving up his quest for more chemical, biological, and ultimately nuclear weapons. Nations that oppose war say that inspections are working. Are they? Resolution 1441 says that scientists are to be allowed to be interviewed outside the country. To date none have been. They say that they have no chemical weapons, then Saddam's son says that they will rain down chemical weapons on invading troops. Saddam is a master at evading and manipulating the UN. He should be after 12 years of doing it successfully.

Am I a war monger, no. I ache inside for all the innocents that will die as a result of war. But, many Iraqi's have already died, families have been torn apart, people are missing, and torture and murder are a way of life in Iraq. I ache inside for all these innocents, too. Do we go on for years negotiating with Saddam? Sure there will be a relative peace for those outside of Iraq. But, what about those people in that country who crave the security you and I have to live in freedom. Our democracy is not perfect. But, at least I can voice my opinion without having my tongue cut out of my mouth.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit