Do you find it therapeutic coming to this site?

by UnshackleTheChains 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

pale emperor

Re: Captives of A Concept

I've just ordered it!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I used to need to come here every day. I still do sometimes. This forum was definitely an important part of my therapy- discussing like problems with like-minded people that I don't need to explain JW things to.

• minimus
    minimus

No. But I find it very informative and diverse!

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and I left in 1965 over the Blood ban and Armageddon issues. I asked tough questions......... in those days if you disagreed you weren't invited to a JC and then DF. So we parted ways from the JW's. For us it was the right thing to do.

Five decades passed and I stumbled into this forum......it was like finding your lost tribe. This was six years ago, I understood the language....... and the culture. It was more about, for me, lending a hand.......helping out if I could.

I do a lot of volunteer work in the community we live in. Seeing how harmful and reckless the WTBT$ has been and the negative effect it has had on people who simply wanted to leave.........it just seemed natural to take an interest in those that need a bit of encouragement or who are dealing with exit problems that we had already experienced and eventually overcame.

I guess I'll say......... helping others is therapeutic.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

in the few years ive been a member--it has surprised me how many have come on here--got what they needed--and moved on..

then--we see a constant stream of new members. every one on the escape route from the watchtower cult: in their own time and pace.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Has anybody read Captives Of A Concept? It's another JW expose. I read it one sitting last night. If you ever needed 100% proof of their beliefs being false using only their literature you have to read it.

Hey Pale emporer. I had this book mailed to me several years ago (still have it). My born in Mrs gave me a right bolloking over getting such 'apostate' literature. Great book btw. Very effective.

I now download many books on my tablet which saves hassle with her ladyship 😉 .

A book I really enjoyed a couple of years back was 'escape from paradise', about the experience of a Bethelite.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Signing on to the JWN site is a part of my life and has been for 12+ years. It is rare that a day passes that I don't sign on. While I don't post in each of my visits, I keep up with the major discussions.

Thank you to all who participate. You are all a lifesaver.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Therapeutic ......yes!

Although Shock-Treatment is also a therapy right ? So you get all sorts of therapeutics here.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was born a JW 64 years ago in 1952.

I have been free for 31 years.

I find it therapeutic to come here from time to time.

To remind myself of where I came from.

I don't come here as much as I used to.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Do you find it therapeutic coming to this site?

Yes, especially the social/political threads and encouraging posters who have recently come out of the JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit