Who is the Saviour?

by JW Answers 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

This is for those who are interested in Bible study.

The Jehovah's Witnesses claim that ONLY the Father is God, and thus teach He was the Saviour in the Old Testament. The Bible teaches that God says "There is no Saviour beside me". Therefore how is it, that the Lord Jesus Christ is called the Saviour of the world?

The below video teaches this subject. The question remains.. Jehovah's Witnesses, who is YOUR Saviour?

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

In Isaiah God says there is no Saviour beside Him ..

Isaiah 43:11 KJV
    I, even I, am the Lord ; and beside me there is no saviour.

The NWT states that Jehovah is that Saviour and Jehovah says there is no other Saviour beside Him.

So, how can the Lord Jesus be the Saviour?

When you accept that there are more than one person in the Godhead - you will appreciate that The Lord Jesus is the God of the Old and New Testament.

Jesus and the Father are not the same person, both unique, but the are the same God.

The Jehovah's Witnesses have their minds conditioned to believe that God is one person, this creates confusion towards themselves.

The Bible tells us in Numbers 21 that the Lord God who was and is the Saviour of Israel, chastened Israel because of their murmuring and tempting God.

Paul reminds us in 1 Corinthians 10 that Christ was that Saviour who chastened Israel.

1 Corinthians 10:8-10 KJV
    Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. [9] Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. [10] Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus and the Father are not the same person, both unique, but the are the same God

So is your god a committee?

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

There are three in the Godhead... But of course you will know what I mean by that, because of your background.. 🙂

1 John 5:7 KJV
    For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

• cofty
    cofty

So it is deity by committee then.

If you can't explain it simply in your own words without resorting to archaic words like 'godhead' then it is nothing but sophistry.

If you have to appeal to the Johanine Comma then you are clearly in difficulty.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

It's not a committee, it's One God IN three persons.

I can defend - it's you who gets uptight because I quote from the word of God.

Anyways, as mentioned, this is a Bible study for those who are interested. If you are so against God Cofty then why speak out against someone in whom you don't believe exists?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis
    The Watchtower Society apply the word Saviour and Deliverer to themselves, or "The Church, those of the anointed class.

"saviours"
    [Comment on Revelation 5: 101 And to open the seals thereof.-Disclose the
    wonderful method by which the Father will develop the saviors of the
    world.-Obad. 21 (The Finished Mystery, [1917], 101)
    The saints who are to be associated with Jesus during his reign are likewise called "saviours." (Obadiah 21) (Watch Tower, December 15, 1927,38 1)

Atlantis!
  • cofty
    cofty
    It's not a committee, it's One God IN three persons

So is Jesus one third of god?

why speak out against someone in whom you don't believe exists?

I'm not. I'm criticising a post-biblical, self-contradictory dogma.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Atlantis, so would they say that they can save themselves? I guess if they teach that they must do works to save, then they of course teach they are their own saviour...

• cofty
    cofty

So still no effort to explain the trinity in your own words then.

I have been asking for years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit