I hate death!

by Undecided 15 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Sorry for everyone's losses.

Red,

I had no idea. Sending vibes your way, and to the others as well.

TR

• larc
    larc

Ken,

I am sorry to hear about your many losses. I don't know how my wife and I could handle such a burden. She lost her younger sister last year and that was about all we could deal with. Hopefully, you will have some years ahead with a relative calm in your life. I hope so.

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((((((undecided and red)))))))))))))))
    I'm so sorry for your losses.
    Seems(from my personal experience) that they occur in a bunch like that-wishing all who grieve strength and courage,Tina

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Red,

I don't know how I could handle the death of a brother or sister, especially by suicide. One of my best friends shot himself about 7 years ago and I still miss him. Life can dish out some very harse blows. I guess all we can do is say goodby and continue on. I'm really sorry for your loss and hope nothing like that happens to you again. We need to take advantage of every oportunity to enjoy our loved ones while we can, sometimes we forget how quickly things can change.

Wishing you the best,

Ken P.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Dear Ken,
    Just wanted to add my love and wishes to all the rest.
    Death really does suck!! I am so sorry you have experienced so many losses in so little time. Hardly gives one time to recover.
    We always have our wonderful memories. I always pretend like they are just on a really long vacation. Sounds a little nutty, but it works for me!
    Hugs and kisses to you and yours. Hope your wife and grandaughter are feeling better. Would love to see your yard, sound lovely.
    TW

• JAVA
    JAVA

Ken & Red,

I'm genuinely sorry about your losses. Death of loved ones is always difficult. Dealing with the void of absent loved ones accents the emptiness we experience of knowing they're gone, but still feeling like they'll walk through the door at anytime. It's a surreal curtain to go through until sufficient time passes. I know it sounds a little crazy, but I find comfort talking out loud to departed loved ones (when the living are not around ). I don't believe they can really hear me, but it helps keep their memory alive--thus they continue sharing my life. As an agnostic, that brings comfort to me.

On the topic of death and grieving, I think the Tower does a disservice to JWs. Witnesses are discouraged from showing genuine grief because it supposably means they don't fully believe the resurrection concept. What a crock! On top of that, the Tower keeps followers in a constant stage of Oz with their "living forever" baloney no JW (or anyone else) will ever experience. Adding insult to injury, the JW funeral is nothing more than a poorly done info-mercial for the Watchtower. The normal grieving process is denied to the sales force of a publishing firm--now that's crazy!

Again, Ken & Red, I'm sorry for your losses. From the looks of this forum, you have many friends who care.

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit