I hate death!

by Undecided 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

I just recieved an email about the death of one of my friends that I sail my R/C boat with. That is the fifth one of my sailing friends that have died in the last 5 years. In the last 4 years my wife's mother and father died, her brother-in-law, nephew, my aunt, my son's close friend, his wife's grandad, and it goes on and on. My friend from work wife also died recently.

When I see how hard it is for them to adjust their lives it makes me sad. Death sucks.

This is nothing new to us all, but I just feel sad as I think of all these people.

Ken P.

• mommy
    mommy

((((HUGS)))) Undecided,
    I am so sorry to hear this. I know at any age the death of a person is an awful thing. I want to express my heartful condolences. Last year I stepped out of the medical profession for a little while, because I too couldn't stand the thought of death. My heart would break as I took care of someone and kissed them goodnight not knowing if they would be there tomorrow. I was just a small part of their lives, and they effected me so. I could not imagine knowing someof these people for years and have them taken from me. I know as you get older too, this comes up more often, due to the fact that others around you are dieng.
    It is so normal to have anger, and fear in such times. Or even if a loved one has a terminal illness, it can be hard to even face day to day living, if those thoughts take over. I feel for you, I do. I think the best way I handled it was to accept it before it occurs. No this doesn't stop the pain or unanswered questions you have. But it does give you the strength in your heart to endure the loss.

(((HUGS))) Bro. Ken if there is anything I can do please let me know. You know I am not that far from you, you could come get lost in the mountains for the day
    love,
    wendy

• outnfree
    outnfree

I'm adding my (((((HUGS))))) to Wendy's, Undecided.

I so sorry for your family's many recent losses. I, too, have known untimely death, and it can really just devastate one, deep inside. And sometimes death seems to come in waves, like your dozen(!) or so in the past 5 years... I had a period like that when I was about 15.
    Very tough.

If it would help to tell us about your wonderful friend, we'll happily listen...?

If not, just know that you can give vent to your sadness and grief and anger here, over and over again, if necessary.

outnfree

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ohh man that's rough Nate, sorry to hear about it.

Although I am starting to have misgivings about hooking up with you in WA, hmmm well Riz seems to be ok! See ya then!

Venice

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hey, Venice?

I think you're mixing up Undecided with unanswered. But your post might've made Ken laugh, anyway! (I did, having read the happy b'day thread "I remembered" earlier today!)

THIS is why we need the profile thread that jst2laws is proposing!

Keep smilin'
    outnfree

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Undecided....****HUGS****

This seems to be a rough year for everyone. Within the last several years I've lost both my parents, my sister just last month to suicide, and several friends.

It IS difficult to adjust and to come to terms with death. However, I find that I'm appreciating life more, and I'm trying to really live every day rather than just exist.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Ken, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. When I was in my teens my best friend died in a car accident, and I didn't have too many friends at the time. Even though I had the belief in the resurrection it still hurt. It's only natural to feel grief.

All I know is, when I die I hope those who know me will celebrate my life instead of mourning loss. You don't have to have any religious beliefs to see that our loved ones live on in our memories, our lives are enriched by the time we have spent with them, having known them. So that's how I look at it, that they can live on through us if we honor the good times we've had, what we've personally gained from them.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

WHOOOPPS My bad!!! sorry folks

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the invitation, the next time I'm up that way I'll stop by. My wife is sick today, not life threatening, but she's having breathing problems. My new little grandaughter is also sick with the croup. It hasn't been one of my better days. Tomorrow I hope will be better.

Thanks for the caring words of encouragement. I worked in the yard most of the day and the grass and flowers makes me feel better. I love setting in my backyard swing and reading or just relaxing. The earth is a beautiful work of art.

Hugs to you,

Ken P.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

I thank you all for the kind thoughts, I feel better already. Tomorrow will be another day and I will find something to do that will take my mind off death, at least that is my intention.

Go night all.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit