Someone please tell me there is a JW Survivor help line

by WireRider 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• WireRider
    WireRider
    Who can JW Survivors call for help? experienced survivors? anyone?
  • Zoos
  • fukitol
    fukitol
    0800 CallonJehoobie
  • jhine
    jhine

Hi WireRider , sounds painful not to mention dangerous , if you know someone who you would describe as a JW survivor the best thing would be to direct them to this site .

I have never been a JW ,but a long time Anglican , so like you I cannot relate to the trauma of leaving the WT . However the majority of folk on here can empathise with someone who is a recovering JW .

They can tell their stories without fear of censure and just vent safely .

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

WireRider

Hi, I'm not aware of any dedicated phone line. However, there will be exJWs who are willing to talk on an individual basis perhaps.

Is this general or do you have a particular country in mind?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

You've found it!

WE are it! WE are the survivors.

As you've learned from the relationship you were/are in with a "fringe"-JW, not all ex-JWs are "survivors". Take the lady you had the relationship with. She was still a captive to the cult, even though she did not want to live the life of a JW Cult Member. But apparently (based on your story) was unable to break free.

This is where the survivors -- the injured -- come to heal.

PM most anyone here that has a story that you relate to or that has said something that you want to learn more about. Let us know where you live. As a "never-a-JW" you don't live in fear of being "exposed".

Doc

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am in the UK and nugget was my helpline when I needed to talk. Sometimes daily she helped me.

We just help eachother. If you would like to talk to an ExJW in the UK I am available.

Pm me your number

Kate xx

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

WireRider

If somebody really needs help, there are professionals that are not necesserily there to help JW survivors. As JW indoctrination is very abusive and coming to terms with this abuse is difficult, then a psychiatrist or a psychologist is a great help. But that costs money, but believe you me it is money well spent. I took this step of visiting a psychiatrist and it is a real help.

The help on this forum is only part of the healing process, and believe you me you can have a lot of fun here, but if the feelings result in much sadness and even suicidal, seek professional help from a psychatrist.

• Simon
    Simon

I seem to remember there being a support helpline that freeminds advertised or was affiliated with - I think it was a personal effort though and everything costs time and money.

I think the first step is being able to ask questions anonymously on a forum like this but direct in-person help can be invaluable. Of course you can get that from anyone whether a professional or not but only an exJW probably knows the subtleties of the WTS experience so one option is to attend a meetup in your area (which may involve suggesting one).

Be aware though that not every exJW is concerned about your well-being. Some are more concerned about using people to get 'revenge' against the WTS so be discerning.

But someone who will genuinely listen and sympathise and understands what you are going through and maybe give you some of the social support you need to get through can be a real asset.

• WireRider
    WireRider

Thank you all.

you don't live in fear of being "exposed"
    That bothers me greatly. For anyone. That people should have to live in such a fear in a free country. In fear of humans and a human organization that holds emotional hostages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit